I thought I would just stay curled up to keep warm yesterday..... did not happen. It was cold... darn right cold. The temp was in the mid 30s when I woke up and socks went on immediately and remained on all day. The temp only went to high 50s. Normally it is in the mid to high 60s. so many people are not well...colds, coughs and the like. The Brother Alan has a terrible cold.
I made one of the origami fabric stars...
using 2 pink prints. Then I thought, there goes my thinking again.... how about if I make one a month in a fabric selection that I think (that word again) is of that month.
here is my 12 month selection. Some will be 2 fabrics and a few will be 4. I am looking forward to this project. Has anyone else besides me and Vickie made these? Anyone planning on making them? Let me know if you will be. So, all my selections are in the shoe box waiting for the first week in January. Now, since I went into the garage cupboard to get the 2 bins of fabric to make my choices from I thought (there it is again) why not take in some of the decoration storage boxes....and begin that project.....
this is as far as I got...picking fabric was more fun! There is always tomorrow to pack stuff. Anyway, my hand was hurting. Speaking of that, I call the surgeon on Friday and the soonest I could get an appointment to have it x-rayed is January 25th. I am on a cancellation call list. I rest it when I can and often. I am lucky that I can take it easy and do nothing at all if I wish. So I just may get to start the decoration packing with the tree left to be last.
Just a few more days left to 2018. I plan on a quiet NY eve and probably will not be awake to see the first minutes of 2019.
Glad you visited with me today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
I made one of the origami fabric stars...
using 2 pink prints. Then I thought, there goes my thinking again.... how about if I make one a month in a fabric selection that I think (that word again) is of that month.
here is my 12 month selection. Some will be 2 fabrics and a few will be 4. I am looking forward to this project. Has anyone else besides me and Vickie made these? Anyone planning on making them? Let me know if you will be. So, all my selections are in the shoe box waiting for the first week in January. Now, since I went into the garage cupboard to get the 2 bins of fabric to make my choices from I thought (there it is again) why not take in some of the decoration storage boxes....and begin that project.....
this is as far as I got...picking fabric was more fun! There is always tomorrow to pack stuff. Anyway, my hand was hurting. Speaking of that, I call the surgeon on Friday and the soonest I could get an appointment to have it x-rayed is January 25th. I am on a cancellation call list. I rest it when I can and often. I am lucky that I can take it easy and do nothing at all if I wish. So I just may get to start the decoration packing with the tree left to be last.
Just a few more days left to 2018. I plan on a quiet NY eve and probably will not be awake to see the first minutes of 2019.
Glad you visited with me today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
9 comments:
I like your star idea, but I have no idea how to make them. I plan on doing allot of stitching in the new year and have gotten allot of charts to do. I am not taking my tree down until after my birthday on the 5th of January. I got a bread machine for Christmas and the box will be great for storing my ornaments from the tree. Rest your hand and have a warm day. big hugs
I love your first star! PINK!! I think your star a month idea is great! I am going to be making several more here for Christmas gifts. Our Orthodox Christmas is coming right up! Hope today is a very good day for you Gracie.
I would love to find our where to get the pattern for the stars. They are so pretty and would be such fun to make. Thanks!
Gracie: I love your star the color is lovely.
I have never made one but may have to check into it.
I am packing away the tree and ornaments this evening after 6 pm.
I will leave up the Nativity scene till next Sunday which is the Epiphany.
Happy New year
Catherine
Hi Gracie your first star looks fantastic,beautiful work my friend.xx
I love your star how do you make them? Is there any sewing to them? I was suppose to start packing up my Christmas decor today. Nope it did not happen. Mr took me our to lunch and on a small ride so that took most of my day. It was good to get out.
Have a blessed New Year and take care of your hand.
Your origami star is lovely! Great fabric selections for each month. I'm eager to see your 2019 stars. Happy New Year, Gracie!
Pretty pink star, they are very effective
I love these little stars and your idea to make one a month. Where did you get the pattern from?
Post a Comment