Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christmas decorating and a gift arrived

Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I wish I had just moseyed along. I miss having my Denny around and try to remember his words to me...… anyway, the phone rang the other evening and it was sis Lynowl worried about a package that was suppose to arrive for me around the 13th but now it was coming early!...it was arriving Tuesday by 9PM.  You see, sis can not have a package around and not open it immediately. I on the other hand can wait until the "time" …
Yesterday morning a phone call from Across the Courtyard from Robyn to tell me she could see a package left at the front door. There was no ringing of the door bell and this was early. I brought it in and texted sis to let her know it arrived. I opened the big box and this beautiful green silky bag appeared. No, I have not opened or peeked inside. Curious, yes, but I am patient.it sits prettily by the tree.
 I got to decorate again for someone else yesterday afternoon...Glenda. She asked me to add the ribbon (like my tree) to her tree. I was delighted. It was the first time since moving out here that I got to do this. I think I mentioned that I used to help decorate several homes each Christmas back in RI.
Wearing my Beaded Santa earrings, and juggling wire  was telling her that and  in RI I had a nice cobbler style apron to hold all my tools and before I knew it she appeared with this pretty apron...the very style I used to have and gave it to me. Not the I am doing more home decorating, but I will enjoy having it the next time I am juggling this and that while decorating. Her tree is pretty (already was) and some lights put around the other décor. It felt so nice to spread my decorating cheer once again. Today will be a quiet day. I have gathered all the ingredients to make Banana Nut bread and my crochet project will be finished.
Coffee has finished brewing and I think Eggo waffles would be good. Nice chatting with you today. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.

6 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I just finished making some christmas cookies. Trying to keep my mind off the fact that Carla is having her baby today. I hope she has had it by now. I called the Orillia hospital this morning and the lady I talk to said she would try and have someone call me afterwards. I hope so. Glad you could decorate again. Nice green bag. Have a great day. Will let you know what the baby is as soon as I find out. big huggs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely bag to go under your tree. You could start a nice little side-line decorating people's trees and homes for them!

Vickie said...

Your sister is just like Brian. He has never been able to wait with gift giving!! He has me open all of mine early for everything through the years.

Vicki said...

I always WANT to open the gifts right away, but I make myself wait! I'm sure there are many people who would like some help with decorating. Some years I would like someone with a "fresh eye" to come in and help me. I don't like to put everything in the same place year after year, but I feel as if I'm "stale" some years. What a fun way to give to others!

Julie said...

Your blog readers will all be wondering what's in the shiny green bag now ....
How lovely to assist a friend with their festive decorating, a nice apron you were gifted to help with the job.

Pittoresque said...

Oh, you could come to my home and help me decorate! I can never find the time to do it properly.