My day has started much too early... 2:30 am. I have a few errands and then I will settle for a movie or 2 and a cat nap. The Amaryllis has really bloomed!
Three bright red flowers and another could bloom by Christmas. This is one of the nicest I have had in years. … And no care! There is a shoot lower on the stem and that may also grow... I would not be surprised.
The Christmas cactus is giving one or two flowers a day which is nice. I know, they look so pretty in fluffy bloom but then once the flowers are finished then nothing. this way I have a flower each day or two with lots of buds in wait.
Yesterday was such a lovely day...Dianna and Bobby came for Christmas lunch.... at Bobby's request it was lasagna. Bobby always travels here with his full tool bag and so off to the garage he went while dinner was in the oven to fix that cupboard door. I will be safe now that it is secured again. Two dear friends who show up to lend a hand when needed and not even asked. Dianna supervises! Christmas packages have arrived....
This lovely knitted Mobius and stitched piece is from DebbieB...Canada has a postal strike, but Debbie says this arrived quickly. We are in touch daily...through emails. Hope my package is not to arrive to her. This year she began to spin her own yarns.
A surprise from England.... from June arrived....
a lovely angel key fob and slim calendar of angels. I have never seen such a sweet calendar.....thank you both so much for thinking of me. Be sure to stop by their blogs (click on the name) to see what they are up to.
Not much needlework or beading has been done as my thumb and ring finger are "locking" more. Thank goodness the Voltarin Gel helps a little for the pain and a few god books to read. Of course Hallmark Christmas movies are generally good to fill the time. Speaking of time, I need to get a move on as the exterminator will be here before I know it for the monthly spraying of the garden and not meeting him in pajamas is preferred. Laundry needs to swish and the bed needs to be made....off I go to finish my coffee so I can get it all done. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. Thank you for you friendship.
Three bright red flowers and another could bloom by Christmas. This is one of the nicest I have had in years. … And no care! There is a shoot lower on the stem and that may also grow... I would not be surprised.
The Christmas cactus is giving one or two flowers a day which is nice. I know, they look so pretty in fluffy bloom but then once the flowers are finished then nothing. this way I have a flower each day or two with lots of buds in wait.
Yesterday was such a lovely day...Dianna and Bobby came for Christmas lunch.... at Bobby's request it was lasagna. Bobby always travels here with his full tool bag and so off to the garage he went while dinner was in the oven to fix that cupboard door. I will be safe now that it is secured again. Two dear friends who show up to lend a hand when needed and not even asked. Dianna supervises! Christmas packages have arrived....
This lovely knitted Mobius and stitched piece is from DebbieB...Canada has a postal strike, but Debbie says this arrived quickly. We are in touch daily...through emails. Hope my package is not to arrive to her. This year she began to spin her own yarns.
A surprise from England.... from June arrived....
a lovely angel key fob and slim calendar of angels. I have never seen such a sweet calendar.....thank you both so much for thinking of me. Be sure to stop by their blogs (click on the name) to see what they are up to.
Not much needlework or beading has been done as my thumb and ring finger are "locking" more. Thank goodness the Voltarin Gel helps a little for the pain and a few god books to read. Of course Hallmark Christmas movies are generally good to fill the time. Speaking of time, I need to get a move on as the exterminator will be here before I know it for the monthly spraying of the garden and not meeting him in pajamas is preferred. Laundry needs to swish and the bed needs to be made....off I go to finish my coffee so I can get it all done. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. Thank you for you friendship.
9 comments:
Your amaryllis is so pretty, the red is such a bright pretty red.
Your amaryllis is glorious! What a beautiful thing to look at throughout your day. You have the greatest friends!!
Love the amaryllis!OOO your lasagna!! I hope the voltaren gel is working well Gracie. Your gifts are so sweet! Just like you my friend!!
Hi Gracie wow your Amaryllis is so beautiful,love the colour.What lovely gifts you have received,hope you have a lovely day.
Your amaryllis is gorgeous Gracie. I need to try the kind you got. Lasagna sounds wonderful and I know your friends enjoyed it very much. Love your pretty gifts. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
The amaryllis is so very vibrant, it does look so healthy too.
I love your amaryllis, I can't wait for mine to bloom. It's a yearly tradition. How lovely of a surprise you received from June.
The Amaryllis looks wonderful. I bought ours this week, one for me and one each for the Mums. Then a competition to see whose has the most blooms!
What a lovely knitted moebius! I hope your hands will be better soon so you can make your own pretty stuff again.
Post a Comment