The mornings are starting chilly but by afternoon the doors are open and the weather is just fine....low to mid 70s this week. The garden although quite bare compared to early season, it still giving me yellow daisies and Sweet Memory and Fairy Duster blooms. Nice to look out the kitchen window to see this. Speaking of looking out the window... someone has been looking in! Since the tree went up and lit this past weekend I have a hummingbird who stops by the window about 4 feet off the ground and hovers . He glides from side to side (the window is almost floor to ceiling and slider width wide) and then he darts off quickly. It is a sight to see but so far I have been unable to capture him on camera.
A quick stop by visit from Glenda yesterday and this beautiful ornament is now on my tree. Thank you for this blown glass double ornament...it looks pretty with the lights shining through. The red inside is perfect with the sheer red ribbon. I really think I will stop rearranging the tree.... so I say.
I did manage to continue beading the snowflake then realized as I started the send half that I did not finish the first side! So that is a must today. Still have not ventured out to finish my shopping, but will do so soon. Canada's postal strike is upsetting my mailing plans there. Seems like Christmas packages will be arriving late.
An update on Eva P, mom. She did not break any bones with this latest fall but is badly bruised and will be quite sore for awhile yet. The leg is very swollen and will probably require he to be back in a wheelchair for the time being. Thank you for your kind thoughts for her. Just finished my coffee so it will be on to the chores next. Glad to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
A quick stop by visit from Glenda yesterday and this beautiful ornament is now on my tree. Thank you for this blown glass double ornament...it looks pretty with the lights shining through. The red inside is perfect with the sheer red ribbon. I really think I will stop rearranging the tree.... so I say.
I did manage to continue beading the snowflake then realized as I started the send half that I did not finish the first side! So that is a must today. Still have not ventured out to finish my shopping, but will do so soon. Canada's postal strike is upsetting my mailing plans there. Seems like Christmas packages will be arriving late.
An update on Eva P, mom. She did not break any bones with this latest fall but is badly bruised and will be quite sore for awhile yet. The leg is very swollen and will probably require he to be back in a wheelchair for the time being. Thank you for your kind thoughts for her. Just finished my coffee so it will be on to the chores next. Glad to chat with you today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
8 comments:
Finally had time this morning to catch up on your posts. Your home looks so lovely, Gracie! Sorry to hear about your mom's recent fall. Thankful nothing was broken, hoping she'll heal quickly. Enjoy today!
I like your new ornament and that hummy is funny. have a great day. hugs
The hummer is sweet to come and admire your Christmas tree and it's new decoration. Xxx
Oh how I wish we had humming birds here .
Your tree is looking so beautiful.
I just find that amazing that the hummingbird comes! Still praying for your mom!!
What a beautiful ornament, perfect for your tree.
That is a gorgeous ornament Gracie. I love the color too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
A beautiful new ornament! I'm sure you'll do some more rearranging in the coming weeks, and why not? :)
Post a Comment