Yesterday was another beautiful day here in The Valley of the Sun. The front door was still open at 8PM. I think we are finally in the Autumn weather. I was busy swishing laundry and baking.
This was a new recipe... I have so many I want to try. It is Honey White Bread. Nice crumb texture and very mellow in taste. Yes, there is honey added. This morning I had it tasted and it was still nice and fresh. The only issue with these homemade breads is that there are best on day one and acceptable on day 2 and so so on day 3. As there is only me here (right now) the bread does not get eaten quickly. But I will still bake even just for me.
The Santa Star is finally finished....2448 beads.
One is for me and the other will be riding the sleigh to sis Lyn. A break from beading for at least a week to rest the right hand from the process. I do love these stars though.
I have a day with no plans.... I will do whatever comes my way. Maybe a little reading. I should however begin to clean the garden during these cool mornings. I should but will I? I might continue going through my cross stitch patterns. Found a couple of Lavender & Lace.... never done and will not be kept.... and one that I made for my niece Elyssa when she was born, might hand on to it. I am serious about de-stashing. Then there is the linen...most are pieces good for smaller projects. I will hold on to some but definitely not most. I have 2 bins that will go down to one for sure. If I have not used it by now or stitched it I know it will not be. Crazy to hold on to when someone else can enjoy having it. Right Jo? She will be getting a particular pattern (more if interested). Well, onto making the bed and getting dressed. I want to get into the storage in the garage to find the next change of sheers for the living room. Then it will be ready for the winter/holidays. So off I go to try to accomplish something. Glad to chat with you and thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
This was a new recipe... I have so many I want to try. It is Honey White Bread. Nice crumb texture and very mellow in taste. Yes, there is honey added. This morning I had it tasted and it was still nice and fresh. The only issue with these homemade breads is that there are best on day one and acceptable on day 2 and so so on day 3. As there is only me here (right now) the bread does not get eaten quickly. But I will still bake even just for me.
The Santa Star is finally finished....2448 beads.
One is for me and the other will be riding the sleigh to sis Lyn. A break from beading for at least a week to rest the right hand from the process. I do love these stars though.
I have a day with no plans.... I will do whatever comes my way. Maybe a little reading. I should however begin to clean the garden during these cool mornings. I should but will I? I might continue going through my cross stitch patterns. Found a couple of Lavender & Lace.... never done and will not be kept.... and one that I made for my niece Elyssa when she was born, might hand on to it. I am serious about de-stashing. Then there is the linen...most are pieces good for smaller projects. I will hold on to some but definitely not most. I have 2 bins that will go down to one for sure. If I have not used it by now or stitched it I know it will not be. Crazy to hold on to when someone else can enjoy having it. Right Jo? She will be getting a particular pattern (more if interested). Well, onto making the bed and getting dressed. I want to get into the storage in the garage to find the next change of sheers for the living room. Then it will be ready for the winter/holidays. So off I go to try to accomplish something. Glad to chat with you and thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
7 comments:
I love the Santa's there do take allot of work,very nice. You got any Prairie Schooler charts you don't want. hugs Have a great day.
The bread looks yummy so does the beaded Santa .
Have fun on your spare day.
Your bread looks absolutely delicious. I love homemade bread ☺️ Your Santa Stars are really very lovely! All the work and love that went into them makes them very special indeed. Good for you on going through your stash and sharing. That is something I should do as well...but will I? Have a good day Gracie in whatever you do.
I love baking bread also. I don't have a problem with it sitting around since we have all five of us here still. Your Santas are fantastic Gracie! I wish you much success today in clearing out. :)
I be your home smelled wonderful with the bread cooking.
Good luck with the destash, I keep saying I will be doing it too.
Have you tried freezing some of your bread? If you freeze it in single slices while it is fresh, you can thaw them in the toaster later and they will still be delicious - at least that works with the bread I have :D
Oh my do I love that star Santa...so wonderful. RJ
Post a Comment