Our Arizona weather has been lovely. Spoke with The Brother Alan yesterday and they are dealing with lousy winter weather in RI....felt a little guilty sitting there talking to him with the doors open and barefoot.
Enjoying the Oleander blossoms...so delicate. The bush is full and lovely to see.
The Lantana are in full glory with bright orange glowing in the sunlight. With only a few days left for October the weather is finally getting to the perfect spot.... temps are blow 90 and above 70. Just perfect.
Not so perfect was to see a blinking light on my thermostat. The day before Dennis went into Hospice, June 5th 2017, I had to replace the air conditioner. Don and Glenda were right there to help. Don took care of the installation for me.
The company has been great whenever I have called them, I never gave it a thought that I had no booklet for the thermostat itself until now. I have no clue how to remove the cover, it does not seem to come off easily and I certainly do not want to break it. I had no idea there was a battery in it. So, Monday I will be calling them to see how to change the battery. Always something to learn around here. I am still looking onto pond companies and there are not that many and of course my pond is quite small compared to the advertised ones.... always something to deal with around here. Then there was the "friend" who I saw recently who asked how I was doing. I thought I can be honest...right? My answer was that I was having a few bad days. The reply I got? Well I am having good days, only good days. So much for telling someone how you feel and having them care. So, off I go to open the doors and relax and enjoy the flowers. Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
Enjoying the Oleander blossoms...so delicate. The bush is full and lovely to see.
The Lantana are in full glory with bright orange glowing in the sunlight. With only a few days left for October the weather is finally getting to the perfect spot.... temps are blow 90 and above 70. Just perfect.
Not so perfect was to see a blinking light on my thermostat. The day before Dennis went into Hospice, June 5th 2017, I had to replace the air conditioner. Don and Glenda were right there to help. Don took care of the installation for me.
The company has been great whenever I have called them, I never gave it a thought that I had no booklet for the thermostat itself until now. I have no clue how to remove the cover, it does not seem to come off easily and I certainly do not want to break it. I had no idea there was a battery in it. So, Monday I will be calling them to see how to change the battery. Always something to learn around here. I am still looking onto pond companies and there are not that many and of course my pond is quite small compared to the advertised ones.... always something to deal with around here. Then there was the "friend" who I saw recently who asked how I was doing. I thought I can be honest...right? My answer was that I was having a few bad days. The reply I got? Well I am having good days, only good days. So much for telling someone how you feel and having them care. So, off I go to open the doors and relax and enjoy the flowers. Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
6 comments:
How insensitive. I will give your "friend" the benefit of the doubt and hope that was her way of being encouraging. But if it was, it certainly fell flat. We all have bad days as well as good days. It's not a sign of weakness to share our bad days with others. And it's certainly not helpful as the listener to respond in such an inappropriate manner. You have many friends who are available to you during the good and the bad. I'm thankful on your behalf for them. And I'm indignant on your behalf for the insensitive friend. I'm with you in enjoying this glorious weather we're having!!
some people need a kick in the ass for being so insensitive. Makes the hair on the back of my neck rise. some people are just jerks.
Glad you have us as friends to give you big hugs even if it is not a personal hug but an email hug and love. Glad your weather is getting comfortable to enjoy. I love your flowers and I bet they smell fantastic. You enjoy the rest of your day and here is a very big hug from me. love Lynda Ruth
You know we had snow last night and rain today.
The oleander bloom is stunning.
What a shame your friend was so insensitive, I do hope they never have cause to need a listening ear and friendly face if they are feeling down, they say what goes around comes around.
Love and blessings to you dear Grace X
I have answered questions like that truthfully instead of the usual 'I'm doing good' (when I'm usually not) and they don't know how to answer! Everything is not always roses and glitter. He/she missed their chance to at least hear you out and get it off your chest.
Your flowers are beautiful! I haven't been down to Phoenix lately but weather generally all over in Arizona has been nice. Yesterday it was warm, but the kind of warm that made you doze off if you were sitting in the sun.
Hope changing the battery on the temperature thingee is easy for you. Happy Monday!
Keep enjoying those beautiful flowers Gracie and please ignore someone that would speak like that without thinking. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
I love the orange flowers - your very own 'fall colours' in the garden! Hope you got the battery thing figures out.
Post a Comment