Thursday, August 16, 2018

Feeling better...but

How lucky am I that my doctor who was leaving yesterday for a medical convention saw me as his last patient and then had to get to the airport. I will tell you how lucky I am. This doctor was My Denny's pain management doctor for 12 years who also began seeing me these last 6 years. This man teared when he found that Dennis was dying and told me he would always see me when needed. I went earlier so that it would be easier for him. At first by the way I stood and walked he thought maybe a compressed fracture of my spine....further look under the machine and that was not the case. My back is very weak and the spinal curvature is not going to get better. Injections it was and I lost count but it was several into the spine and to the right. Very painful...but I was in so much pain anyway. I had to sit for a few minutes after but I was able to stand straight and walk out better than when I hobbled in. I am sore but again, better. I will need to readjust what I do and how I do it. A new way to live for me. The pond will be an issue as will a few other things but it is what it is.
I managed to pick out the beads from my cupboard yesterday for the next wrap bracelet.... carefully but other than adding the button did nothing. This is the cupboard that holds all my beads and the drawer at the bottom holds the tools and other supplies

I will need to try not to sit too long and be sure to stretch out my back with a walk about. I tend to get caught up and just keep going.
Remember the photo uploading issues....well all of a sudden it is back to how it was accepting pictures before! Not completely but I will adjust... more adjustments. I had to clean the printer yesterday but am still having a bit of issue. Always something. I tried to remember how Honey---AKA Keith did it before.
It is still dark outside but humid with storm chances today. There is some wind as my chimes and buoy bell are talking in the dark. My coffee has just finished brewing so off I go. Hope to bake some Date Nut bars today and Fluffy Tapioca pudding too. I have a stool Denny bought me to sit at the counter when baking so I will not have to stand there. Glad you stopped by. Thank you for your kind words and emails and encouragement. Thank you most of all for your friendship. I must also say special thanks to those of you who are still sending cards and notes to mom Eva P...I did not expect you to continue but I thank you for caring. She tell everyone about all of you.

11 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

glad your doctor took care of you. Can he give me something for my back too. Today my right arm and shoulder are aching from what I don't know so I am not doing anything to make it worse. can't wait to see the next bracelet when finished. glad mom Eva P is still getting cards and notes. She knows she is loved. So are you big, big hugs dear friend Don't overdo with the baking today. Relax when you can

Terri Patillo said...

I pray for relief from your pain, comfort, healing, and peace. May the Good Lord bless and keep you.

Vickie said...

What a blessing to have a good, caring doctor Gracie. I am glad you have some relief. It may be time to reconsider the pond? I had to cut way back on the gardening while we still had our home. It was a very hard decision. I love gardening still! Our bodies don't always allow us to do what we want, it is a bummer. I am praying today is a good day for you Gracie.❤️

Auntie Rose Marie said...

So sorry to hear about your back problems. I hv been getting shots for years for my spine and the fibromyalgia trigger points. They do help. Got a shot yesterday for the inflammation from my RA. Hoping f some relief. I get a lot of relief from stretching. Had to totally change my life. Please take care of yourself. You don't want to aggravate it. Good meds are few and far between.
Can't wait to see your next bracelet. Hv a good day.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I do hope your back gets better with the injections, so sorry this is happening to you.
I love your bead cabinet, it looks like you are into beading, I will be looking forward to seeing your new wrap bracelet.

Catherine

butterfly said...


Sorry about your back gracie ,good that your doctor sees you so quick.
Won't be long now before your brother and Lisa come for their visit .

Annie said...

These bodies just don't want to behave! You are indeed lucky to have such a caring doctor. Hope the shots help. Take care and try to find the balance between activity and over-activity.

RJ said...

Oh Gracie, I'm so sorry for all your pain but happy such a good doctor saw you and gave you some relief. I hope with time it gets better. But, I agree with others that maybe the pond is just too much to tackle right now. Thoughts and prayers for you that it all works out. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Anonymous said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف

شركة كشف تسربات بالقصيم

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقصيم

rosey175 said...

Good doctors are such a blessing! Hope the shots continue to help. I have had to set a timer to remind myself to do other things/movements because I fall into the groove too. Nice to see how the beads get stored!

Pittoresque said...

I hope your back has improved a little...it's no fun at all being in pain all of the time! Love the beads you picked out for your new bracelet.