The temps are where they should be... hot and no sign of any real cooling. This is the first year that I am somewhat bothered by the heat but I think it is just a mental thing this time around. The dull headaches seem to be from the real lack of continuous sleep. My mind of course has been really preoccupied this past year and months.
Today I have a morning HOA task then off to Staples for printer ink. I thought I had extra but of course not. I hope to be creative when I return home...it is not a lack of projects already waiting to be finished, just me.... lack of ambition. Maybe if I gather the projects in the works I might find interest in at least one of them.
A recent question from Jo about the bunny picture I posted questioned if it was a Hare....It is a Desert Cottontail:
The length of a desert cottontail is thirteen to seventeen inches; ears average three to four inches long; and the average weight is two to three pounds. Females are larger than the males. Hind feet are large and average three inches long.
We have two burrows in our community, (that I know of) one is in our center courtyard under a large spread of Prickly Cactus and the other is at the cul-de-sac where there is another Prickly Cactus garden.
Good protection when they are running from the coyotes. If you did not know, their babies are called kits!
I hope all of you with 4th of July plans have a wonderful day tomorrow. Glad that you visited today and I thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship.
If anyone has extra ambition... send it my way!
A note to Dianna.... the beautiful glass rose has found it's place by the pond. Denny loved the pond so it is fitting that it is there. When darkness arrives it has a gentle light that I can see from my bedroom.
Today I have a morning HOA task then off to Staples for printer ink. I thought I had extra but of course not. I hope to be creative when I return home...it is not a lack of projects already waiting to be finished, just me.... lack of ambition. Maybe if I gather the projects in the works I might find interest in at least one of them.
A recent question from Jo about the bunny picture I posted questioned if it was a Hare....It is a Desert Cottontail:
The length of a desert cottontail is thirteen to seventeen inches; ears average three to four inches long; and the average weight is two to three pounds. Females are larger than the males. Hind feet are large and average three inches long.
Good protection when they are running from the coyotes. If you did not know, their babies are called kits!
I hope all of you with 4th of July plans have a wonderful day tomorrow. Glad that you visited today and I thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship.
If anyone has extra ambition... send it my way!
A note to Dianna.... the beautiful glass rose has found it's place by the pond. Denny loved the pond so it is fitting that it is there. When darkness arrives it has a gentle light that I can see from my bedroom.
10 comments:
Love the rose by the pond. Any fish in the pond. I thought you had some inside. Here is alittle ambition from me so you can do alittle. Big hugs love
Hang in there with all the heat...... Happy 4th July.... .
Perfect placement of the rose Gracie. Have a nice night my friend.
Love the placement of the rose by the pond. We don't have as many bunnies over here in Surprise as you do where you are. They are so cute! We have tons of quail though and I certainly enjoy watching them. Especially when they have their brand new babies with them. They are so tiny and the quail are very good parents.
Happy 4th July.
Love the Bunny so sweet.
We have so proliferation of bunnies this year but not the big eared ones you have. I hope you enjoy your 4th! Mary
Sweet bunny.
I hope you enjoyed a nice 4th July with your friends xx
Gracie, it's no wonder that you don't have any concentration right now. Please be kind to yourself :) I think it's a great idea to get a group of projects ready to go so you can pick up whatever might catch your fancy - it's such a good idea that I might try that too :) So nice to learn about the Cottontails, it's wonderful that your Prickly Cactus garden is a haven for them!
You have found the perfect place for the rose.
Thanks for the information about the hare, I didn't think it looked like a bunny to me. Poor things do have a lot of predators but at least they don't have to worry about coyotes in the UK!
Here, have a bit of my crafting ambition...I have way more than I have time at the moment!
Post a Comment