We are in a Heat Advisory for the next few days..... the only word is hot. Yesterday was a record for the date at 115 and that is what is expected for today and tomorrow. Needless to say, indoor activity is the plan and I can find plenty to keep me busy. Yesterday my outing was to have the sutures removed...all is well. I did make a quick stop at the bead shop for a few items but it was back to the cool of the abode.
I redid the Santa using a new bead for the shadow and I like the subtle look. Now to make the matching earring and a few more. This time I will be sure to keep a pair for example.
The pond is still on hold and I am not going out there to check because we know I will then try to work on it and after getting sick on Saturday in the heat that will not be a wise move. If we get a break in the oppressive heat over the weekend then I will deal with it. Until then the birds will have to visit the birdbath in the front yard. Right now the air is still and very thick...humid and heavy and 92 at 5:30 am. Lots of clouds and no sunshine...yet.
The Brother Alan and I had a nice chat yesterday...the countdown for his return here is on...55 days. The To Do list has been reviewed... only 3 important items then the time will be for Lisa to get in the horseback riding and whatever else they have planned. My list can be done in a day or so. I am looking forward to their arrival. This time there will be no storms to delay their return to Rhode Island..... except a hurricane (September is the end of the season)…. who can say!
That is about it from here. Glad to chat with you today and always. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Thank you also for your concern and good wishes with the recent medical issue....your support has been fantastic. We do not have to be in the same room to care! 💖
I redid the Santa using a new bead for the shadow and I like the subtle look. Now to make the matching earring and a few more. This time I will be sure to keep a pair for example.
The pond is still on hold and I am not going out there to check because we know I will then try to work on it and after getting sick on Saturday in the heat that will not be a wise move. If we get a break in the oppressive heat over the weekend then I will deal with it. Until then the birds will have to visit the birdbath in the front yard. Right now the air is still and very thick...humid and heavy and 92 at 5:30 am. Lots of clouds and no sunshine...yet.
The Brother Alan and I had a nice chat yesterday...the countdown for his return here is on...55 days. The To Do list has been reviewed... only 3 important items then the time will be for Lisa to get in the horseback riding and whatever else they have planned. My list can be done in a day or so. I am looking forward to their arrival. This time there will be no storms to delay their return to Rhode Island..... except a hurricane (September is the end of the season)…. who can say!
That is about it from here. Glad to chat with you today and always. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Thank you also for your concern and good wishes with the recent medical issue....your support has been fantastic. We do not have to be in the same room to care! 💖
How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston
7 comments:
Your right we don't need to be in the same room or country to care about someone we love and respect. I am glad you are okay and staying out of this heat wave even here is has been in the 30's for the last few weeks and I even suffer from it with my breathing. I am glad I have a porch to sit under and relax,even the birds are hiding in the trees to stay out of the heat. The hummingbirds only come at night time when it gets cooler and we have a fan in our bedroom which helps with the sleeping at night. I am too looking forward to your brother and Lisa coming. I wish I had a brother as great as yours is. Oh, yes I love your Santa earring. Big hugs stay cool. Bye
Heat exhaustion is nothing to mess with. Glad you're going to let the pond go for a bit. I have been in 114 degree weather before in western Arizona in tiny Quartzite, well, tiny in the summer but swells to over 100,000 in the winter due to snowbirds! You can't do anything in those temps and certainly not be outside during the worst of it. It's like a heavy hot weight on your head, and hard to breathe. Just terrible. It's calling for 96 here and that's all about I can handle! Your Santa earring is the cutest thing! Keep cool and hydrated!
I love the Santa earring. It is so cute and festive. Be sure to stay in these days, Gracie; I know I am! It was 117 on my back patio yesterday afternoon.
Gracie your Santa earring is adorable. I love it. It will be so festive for the holidays. Please be very careful in that high, high heat. Indoor activities only! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Very cute Santa! I’m so over Summer this year, but your 90+ at dawn sounds terrible!
What a lovely Santa ,keep cool gracie ,I am staying inside more these last few weeks .
Santa looks great! Please do take it easy while the heat lasts...it's really hard to deal with even here, so I don't want to imagine what it feels like where you live!
Post a Comment