The expression really applies here...never a dull moment around here. My hand has not allowed me to handcraft.... the weather is quite hot for sitting outside.... trying my best to be in with technology.... oh the list can continue. Thursday was the last time I swept the garden of debris.... the doctor thinks it best to take a break for a few days. Yes, you read doctor. I visited him on Saturday morning.You see it seems I got a bite in a not exposed area of my lovely body and I now require an antibiotic. Amazingly after only two dosages and it is looking better and feeling better too.
Now let's talk about my new found texting. As much as I learn there seems to be more I need to learn. I thought I had it pretty much in my brain.... wrong. The last few days I have been sending texts to sis Lynowl and she has not responded! I thought what is wrong with her!? I know our Skypes can be challenging but this ... others get my texts and respond. Finally in frustration I actually made a phone call to her. I know that a couple of times I had tried to send to her home line but then I found how to set her cell number for default. Well, the texts have been going to Rhode Island ...but not to her. It seems I had the wrong number (?!) and someone in Bristol RI got them (not Cranston RI). I hope he is enjoying them! Okay, now it is straightened out. I know because last evening she sent me a thumbs up emoji.... I have conquered.
How about an update in the garden since there is no needlework to share?
On my morning stroll I picked a handful of tomatoes. I am amazed that I am still finding them on the plant.... guess it is not ready for trash yet. Then of course there is the "alien" Snail Vine
It is no longer an arbor but a wall. Of course I could have trimmed it all along but the blooms have been so many that it looked too pretty to tame. I do like the free look in the garden and not a formal look to plants. I have been so happy with my Plumeria.
I was not sure if this was going to grow. It is the stalk that Dianna and Bobby brought me from Hawaii in October and it is showing real signs of blooming! It is growing a bit crooked but my plan is to rotate the pot every few days to encourage it to straighten on its own. The root system is very delicate so I do not want to damage it trying to dig around it.
Oh and by the way... yes, I did remove a comment left here the other day. Unfortunately we cannot control who stops by and what someone may comment. I know I can set up moderation but I prefer not to...yet. Which means any rude, insensitive or inappropriate comments will be removed....I have spoken. Nice to know I still have some control around here.
Now my antibiotic taken, hand medication applied and coffee in the mug....ready for a new adventure. Reading is what I will be doing today. Thank you for caring and for spending time with me and for your kind words and friendship.
Now let's talk about my new found texting. As much as I learn there seems to be more I need to learn. I thought I had it pretty much in my brain.... wrong. The last few days I have been sending texts to sis Lynowl and she has not responded! I thought what is wrong with her!? I know our Skypes can be challenging but this ... others get my texts and respond. Finally in frustration I actually made a phone call to her. I know that a couple of times I had tried to send to her home line but then I found how to set her cell number for default. Well, the texts have been going to Rhode Island ...but not to her. It seems I had the wrong number (?!) and someone in Bristol RI got them (not Cranston RI). I hope he is enjoying them! Okay, now it is straightened out. I know because last evening she sent me a thumbs up emoji.... I have conquered.
How about an update in the garden since there is no needlework to share?
On my morning stroll I picked a handful of tomatoes. I am amazed that I am still finding them on the plant.... guess it is not ready for trash yet. Then of course there is the "alien" Snail Vine
It is no longer an arbor but a wall. Of course I could have trimmed it all along but the blooms have been so many that it looked too pretty to tame. I do like the free look in the garden and not a formal look to plants. I have been so happy with my Plumeria.
I was not sure if this was going to grow. It is the stalk that Dianna and Bobby brought me from Hawaii in October and it is showing real signs of blooming! It is growing a bit crooked but my plan is to rotate the pot every few days to encourage it to straighten on its own. The root system is very delicate so I do not want to damage it trying to dig around it.
Oh and by the way... yes, I did remove a comment left here the other day. Unfortunately we cannot control who stops by and what someone may comment. I know I can set up moderation but I prefer not to...yet. Which means any rude, insensitive or inappropriate comments will be removed....I have spoken. Nice to know I still have some control around here.
Now my antibiotic taken, hand medication applied and coffee in the mug....ready for a new adventure. Reading is what I will be doing today. Thank you for caring and for spending time with me and for your kind words and friendship.
13 comments:
Texting can be really useful Grace, it's so quick and instant and you can do it anywhere. I'm sure you'll love using it now that you're sorted.
Good morning! Yes, I think summer has arrived here in Arizona. I was hoping we wouldn't have any 90 degree days til next month. Glad you're responding to the antibiotics.
Insect bites can be so annoying, I hope yours is soon a thing of the past and you are feeling much better.
Enjoy your day reading.
Hi just dropped in to say "have a great day hugs".
That alien snail vine is so amazing. Whatever you're doing to it, it loves it! Yeah, I wouldn't want to give it a trim either. Glad you got the texting squared away. I've had a few wayward texts sent to me too. As for the unwanted comments, I've had those too. I have set my blogger account to go to moderation after 10 or 14 days. I usually get spam on posts I made months ago. Ugh. Keep cool and tethered! It's pretty windy out!
What bit u Gracie? Glad the antibiotics are helping. Your snail vine is fantastic. I wouldn't trim it either.
Stay cool.
Oh gosh mobile phones can be so frustrating. I wrote a long screed to my sister that took 2-3 texts and wondered a couple hours later why I hadn't heard from her, looked at the phone and I hadn't sent the message. Tried to listen to some voicemail messages yesterday and pressed wrong buttons etc and lost the lot. Got the pip and turned the phone off. We still have a landline and thought they are going to have to phone that.The computer gives me bloodpressure as well, all ok at the moment but somewhere along the line "issues"start occurring .I do hope you can get back to your crafting pretty soon, it is awful to not be able to do those things you like to do when you want.
Gracie: I am so sad your hand is still bothering you, I hope it heals very soon.
I hate antibiotics but when I have to I take them.
I have had a few not so nice comments, I do not understand what is wrong with people.
Blessings
Catherine
Sorry your hand is still playing you up.
Hope it soon gets better.
Your garden is looking lovely , enjoy your week hugs,
I hear you with the ailments my dear. I hope you feel a bit better now? You tomatoes look fabulous! I love to read. I do it every day. :D
Your tomato plant is really willing to spoil you with those little tomatoes. They are always good for a tomato salad, aren't they.
I hope your hand will soon get better.
The Snail Vine certainly loves your garden!
I get a little bit of spam on my blog but not much. I don't allow anonymous comments.
I do moderate but that is so I can pick up comments from people with Yahoo and AOL emails addresses which Blogger does not like.
Hope your hand will let you craft again soon! Until then, it seems your tech stuff is keeping you plenty busy. These computers and phones really seem to have a live of their own sometimes...
Post a Comment