Today is another one of those days for me. Today would have been my 48th anniversary. Each year I posted a cheerful memory of our wedding day, mine and Dennis' special day. I feel sad but also there is that special place in my heart that remembers the delight I felt when we walked out of church as Mr and Mrs. .... my Denny and me. I was 23 and he was 24. It was 1970.
The story is old and true. It was love at first sight for both of us. Quite an unlikely match really. Me sort of preppy and he sort of hippy but it was a good match that lasted 47 years. Some people questioned how he could marry a gal who could not cook and did not do housework and this and that. His answer was simple, "I will teach her". I did not even know how to use the washing machine! You see, Dennis lived on his own since he was 16 and then joined the Army so he was very capable of living on his own. In the beginning we cooked together and divided the household chores and it worked. We lived our first year in his 2 room house on a country road far removed from the city lights...as a matter of fact, our street had no lights and ended at the lake! Our mail was delivered to the top of the road at pole #3. I loved it.
Our rings are there for me to touch each day, a symbol of our love.
Our vows said "until death do us part"....I will always be his Graz and he will be My Denny and tonight I will drink a glass of wine to celebrate the wonderful memories. Thankful that we met and married and shared a life together.
The story is old and true. It was love at first sight for both of us. Quite an unlikely match really. Me sort of preppy and he sort of hippy but it was a good match that lasted 47 years. Some people questioned how he could marry a gal who could not cook and did not do housework and this and that. His answer was simple, "I will teach her". I did not even know how to use the washing machine! You see, Dennis lived on his own since he was 16 and then joined the Army so he was very capable of living on his own. In the beginning we cooked together and divided the household chores and it worked. We lived our first year in his 2 room house on a country road far removed from the city lights...as a matter of fact, our street had no lights and ended at the lake! Our mail was delivered to the top of the road at pole #3. I loved it.
Our rings are there for me to touch each day, a symbol of our love.
Our vows said "until death do us part"....I will always be his Graz and he will be My Denny and tonight I will drink a glass of wine to celebrate the wonderful memories. Thankful that we met and married and shared a life together.

16 comments:
Wishing you blessings on this special day...
Warmest regards,
Patricia
Sending you my love
Enjoy the memories of this special day!
Lovely photo , a special day for you my friend .
Your love for each other will always be there, hugs.
Dennis may not be here in body but he is in spirit. So to you both I raise a glass of love and good cheer. May you always feel his presents, for I know he is not far away from you. His spirit is there with you. May may hugs dear friend.
What a lovely post full of memories. You were so lucky to find each other and be so happy all those years. I am sure he is smiling down on you today, as every day.
What a love filled post Gracie. A gorgeous picture you shared. Thanks for sharing your history with us. Always glad to know more. BIG HUGS AND LOTS OF LOVE FOR YOU!
You hv beautiful memories! Beautiful love story. Someday you will be together again.💓
Gracie: You look like Ali Macgraw and Denny looks like John Lennon, love the wedding photo you are so pretty.
Beautiful wedding ring display.
Remember, memories are the one thing no one can take from you.
Blessings
Catherine
Wishing you peace on your special day, dear friend.
Such a lovely post full of memories of your special day.
Such a lovely, touching post. Enjoy the day full of your memories of love. Denny is still celebrating with you in spirit.
Blessings and (hugs) xx
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ทางเข้า D2BET
Today I am both happy and sad for you, happy that you got to have such a wonderful life with Denny and you have so many happy memories but sad that he is not with you in person today. He is with you in your heart though and even in the hearts of those of us who followed your blog and got to know him a tiny little bit. Much love today and all days Irene xxx
I am glad you could find some happy memories to dwell on on what must have been a very difficult day for you. You two were so lucky to have found each other.
Post a Comment