Monday, March 5, 2018

New garden additions

The breeze is refreshing this morning.....the chimes are singing. Hummer feeders filled. Why is it when the feeders are clean and just filled the hummers act like I am trying to poison them? They will not drink from it for a few hours!
Remember I mentioned that I bought a few plants when I went to Lowe's...
Golden Shrub Daisy...Margarita.....so sunny this morning. I love all the daisy family plants. This is an annual but sometimes here in Arizona they will grow as an almost perennial.... lasting a very long time.
This lovely lavender cluster is the Society Garlic. Just the touch of the leaves and garlic is in the air. The hummer seems to like it. Right now it is still in the pot, but may go into the ground as it is a perennial and can grow large.
 This is Dodonaea Viscos, Green or Hopbush. This specimen can grow tall and wide. Presently it is about 3 feet wide and 5 feet at it's tallest. Where it is planted it has the room and it will be a divider in the garden. The "fruit" as it is called or flowers are papery and light green/tan and look like butterflies. This is perfect out here as once it is established it will only need monthly watering. There is a story with this one but since The Brother Alan checks the blog I will wait until another time to talk about it. I will say thank you to Don and Glenda.... two of the dearest people in the world. Last evening Glenda sent over a stuffed pepper and bread along with a piece of pie for me. A good end to the day for me.
Today will be a few chores this morning to get ready for tomorrow but very little as I am in need of a restful day. Glad you stopped by and hope you like my new plants. With luck I will get tatting started today. Thank you for your kind words and for you friendship.
******Tomorrow Tomorrow...is the day!******

9 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I hope you enjoy your brothers visit Grace.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Yah, one to go. Love your new flowers and bush. Relax for the day and sleep tight. Brother is coming tomorrow.

RJ said...

It's getting close now Gracie. Enjoy your time together. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

What lovely new additions to the garden! Tomorrow will be a great day! :)

Unknown said...

Ooohhh. What did you do?

—LastBite

Shelly said...

I bet your garden/lanai is so beautiful. I'm hoping that these recent storms we've had will help with growth and a green desert. Nothing more beautiful than the desert in bloom. By now I'm sure the Brother Alan is at your place. Hope you all have a great time!

Rose Marie said...

Have a wonderful visit! Love your new plants.

Julie said...

Lovely colourful plant additions for your garden.

Pittoresque said...

Great additions to your garden. I'm happy it's doing so well!