Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Lucky me

Since it is still dark outside I can not exactly tell you what is going on, but it is nippy. Yesterday to go to the doctor I actually needed a light zip front sweatshirt! Goodness. The temp is around 35 right now and might be to 60 today. I mean I guess we have to have winter temps sometime.
Yesterday the mail brought me a package.
Catherine from I Love to Stitch sent me
this beautiful beaded bauble. The bauble measures around 1 inch and the beaded fringe is 3 inches. I love it. Thank you for choosing me to receive this gift. Check our her blog (s) yes she has another blog.
The visit with the doctor was good. I am healing well if not slowly. I keep telling them that I am delicate and they now believe me! The bruising should begin to fade but the nerves in the leg are another thing. I have a med to take at night to help with the leg discomfort and help me get sleep. I have slight upset stomach and it may be the med as last evening was the first time taking it. There are always those possible reactions  to deal with. I will see how the day goes.They recommend that I use Asper-Cream with Lidocaine for the leg pain. I can resume normal activity as tolerated. First things first: Change Living Room curtains; continue to organize craft supplies in garage; clean the pond and the garden..... of course not all at once in case you are worried that I might do so. Just because I have the okay does not mean that I can. My legs really bother me when climbing or stretching and driving. But since the maid has not shown up I guess me and the Bissell will walk and take Swiffer along. I can count this as walking exercise! Funny how certain body motions can hurt.
I finally decided on the fabric for Dolly but it needs to be ironed before using so that may get done today. Guess that about covers it today. Thank you for stopping b and for your kind words and most of all your friendship.
******How many more days....12*****

On another note: thank you for all who kept my friend Bobby in their thoughts. His surgery went well and he has gotten a good follow-up report. Yeah Bobby!

10 comments:

Janice said...

Yes...slow and steady wins the race. My back and legs were crying out to me last night as I walked aling as the girls shopped for Jr. Prom dresses. Such an exciting time in their lives and so happy to be part of it.
12 more days...yay for you!
Enjoy the cooler temps as you pick a project and work on it 💗

Vicki said...

So glad you got a good report from the doctor. You're wise to ease back into things slowly. I thought your words about our weather were exceedingly kind; I'm freezing in this cold weather!! If we need to have winter it should come the week between Christmas and New Year in my opinion. Hahaha I know it will warm up again soon enough. In the meantime my rarely worn socks are enjoying being put to good use!

Ele said...

what a pretty gift you received! Glad to hear you are on the mend.
Sending healing hugs

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Catherine's bauble's are always so pretty and I know from tatting that it takes her awhile to do one. Don't over do the house work. Can't wait to see what fabric you picked. Big hugs and love

Julie said...

A pretty gift, how lovely.
Good to read the dr is pleased with your healing progress.
Be good ... Don't do to much!

RJ said...

Hello Gracie! So good to read the doctor is happy with your progress. Like others have said take it slow and easy. Your gift from Catherine is so pretty. It looks gorgeous. She is a very generous blogging friend to so many. Take care. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you are healing well.....

butterfly said...


Good news that your leg is healing .
It is going to be colder here soon weather will be coming in from Russia.
Love the bead ornament , I was lucky to have one too sweet Catherine.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely gift from Catherine, so pretty and delicate.

Glad that you are listening to the doctor. Remember to save some chores for the Brother Alan!

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

A lovely and very special gift. Take it easy and one step at a time with getting better.