So sorry for all my family and friends along the East Coast. I remember well the winter storms! The Brother Alan had to leave work early yesterday due to the train schedules and the off chance that he would have to overnight in Boston. Took him quite a time to get a train and then to get home. Alan would always call Denny and me on his way home whenever the weather was bad, *Hands free calling* and this way we always knew where he was in case of an emergency. Of course he managed to get stuck in front of his house!
Went into the garden this morning to check on things
I found beans! Okay, I know it is only 6 but I will add them to my salad. Plenty more out there but too small to pick. The Alien Vine is still reaching for the back door
It is just about 4 feet from the door and as you can see from the picture, it is spreading across the path of the arbor and along the ground every which way! Four tomatoes are almost ready and then there is this vibrant spot
Wow is my thought. A few other plants look a bit tired but I will leave them for now. the over night lows have been in the high 30s and then the days are in the high 60 to mid 70s, so the poor things are not sure what to do.
I spent hours yesterday trying---unsuccessfully--- to tat with adding beads with a particular method and after a few &*^$#* I gave up. I will not get myself in a tizzy over it. Today will be to relax and tat a snowflake and to read the book sis Lynowl sent me.
Went into the garden this morning to check on things
I found beans! Okay, I know it is only 6 but I will add them to my salad. Plenty more out there but too small to pick. The Alien Vine is still reaching for the back door
It is just about 4 feet from the door and as you can see from the picture, it is spreading across the path of the arbor and along the ground every which way! Four tomatoes are almost ready and then there is this vibrant spot
Wow is my thought. A few other plants look a bit tired but I will leave them for now. the over night lows have been in the high 30s and then the days are in the high 60 to mid 70s, so the poor things are not sure what to do.
I spent hours yesterday trying---unsuccessfully--- to tat with adding beads with a particular method and after a few &*^$#* I gave up. I will not get myself in a tizzy over it. Today will be to relax and tat a snowflake and to read the book sis Lynowl sent me.
Don't forget the giveaway in previous post https://needlespinsanddragonflies.blogspot.com/2018/01/a-special-giveaway.html. Glad you could visit with me today...always a pleasure to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and friendship.
9 comments:
I will trade you your high 70's for some of my snow and ice. What a losely day, I guess I will be making my own birthday cake and supper tonight. It is impossible to drive anywhere with all the ice on the driveway and roads.. have a great day hugs
your beans look good enough to eat. ha ha joke
The kids got a foot in CT and are able to work from home, thank God. Scary stuff, but I do miss it sometimes, it gets a bit boring in the West lol.
Have a good day, Gracie ♥️
Your beans are gorgeous and will be wonderful in salad!
That vine is particularly vigorous!
I am glad we don't have that sort of weather here, just cold rain!
Oh your green beans look delicious. They were Mabel's favorite.
Your geraniums are beautiful.
I am so jealous of your beans, tomatoes and flowers.
We hv been stuck in since Weds. 4 inches of snow and ice. We hv no equipment, not supposed to snow here. Right! Main roads and some highways closed.
Can you say stir crazy?
Have a great day. That vine has a life of it's own. Lol
Your beans look great I bet they tast so good .
Your garden looks wonderful , our garden is under a blanket of frost today after 100 mph winds last week.
Hope Spring comes here soon.
So while others are getting snowed in you are harvesting beans - the wonders of this earth! I bet the snake vine just wants to get in on this delicious food of yours.
Leonore is quite right - such differences concerning the weather depending on where you live.
We don't have snow since Christmas Eve, everything melted and now they are having floodings down the valleys. Not good either.
Your beans look tasty...hope they were as good as they look.
Post a Comment