Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A bug in the house

Hope everyone is beginning the new year healthy..... so far I am. It really is almost impossible when out and about. I went to the market early in the day to avoid lots of people and late in the date to the pharmacy...so far so good. The weather has been above normal here in Arizona...in the low to mid 70s. How about that Super Moon...the Wolf Moon...
I love all phases of the moon but there definitely is something special about full moons. This was no exception.....It was huge and the halo around it, well, I just could not help wanting to pull up a chair and sit with it...I see the moon and the moon sees me!
I did get to tat on New Years Eve day.....
I had limited thread left on the two shuttles so I just tatted until the almost end and finished the icicle with a fringe of beads. Love tatting....find it relaxing. I also was busy on NYE day sewing
No, this is not the project but the inspiration to make the project. I have night lights on in a few areas of the house. Early in the morning on 12/31 as I entered the kitchen I stopped short thinking there was a creepy crawly thing on the floor....after I yelled out I discovered it was the shadow of the spider plant...but I then remembered that I wanted to sew

"Bug" from the Tilda Seasonal book. Isn't she adorable? Just the right ladybug fabric that I have had for ages and some lace wings and she is ready to fly away. Found just the right beads for her antennae  and also a frilly bit of lace for a collar. She is going on a journey ....I will miss her so she will hang out with me for a few more days.
Usually my tree and decorations remain up for the first week of January but this time I needed them to go back to the garage so that is how I spent the day yesterday. Once you move one thing to vacuum you then move this and then that and that snow and glitter! I will be vacuuming for days and it will still be here. Better than shoveling it.
I had plans to make a beef stew yesterday and fresh rolls...plans came apart as I was skyping with sis Lynowl and dictating the recipe to her. I realized I had one key ingredient missing! So I will be off to the market this morning before the crowds and today will be beef stew day. The recipe is at least 30 years old and Dennis used to make it, so I am hoping that mine will be as good as his was.
End of year and time to sort through files and paperwork in time for the accountant. Time also that I sort through patterns and find new homes for many of them. I will be focusing on more tatting for awhile so the cross stitch needs organizing. I will be posting some of them so if looking for something new (or old from my files) stay tuned. Still waiting to hear of a package mailed to Canada on December 8th....I hate customs! Hard to track them down.
Time for me to visit the laundry corner and change the bed and stuff. Glad to visit with you. Thank you for your kind words and friendship.
Going forward one step at a time.

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Happy New Year Gracie: I see the moon as I am emailing you, it is bright, tonight I will be out with my camera, I am so happy we have two super moons this month.
I just love Tilda designs, I was curious to see what you made with the lady bug fabric she is adorable.
Beef stew sounds good tonight its chili here in the Laurent house, its below zero now, I hate this cold weather.
Your tatted ornament is lovely the beads are a wonderful addition.

Blessings
Catherine

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hi Gracie, I love the lady bug, she is so sweet. I am still waiting, hope this afternoon the mail will have a parcel. I love the moon too. Beef stew sounds delicious. Have a great day hugs

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A step at a time is all we can do Grace, my life is a day at a time just now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am relieved that it was a fabric bug and not a sickness bug in the house! Your ladybug is so cute too.
Love the icicle, especially the long beaded part.

Julie said...

Sweet handmade ladybug. The icicle is super.
We stood and watched the fabulous super moon, wasn't it magical.

Vickie said...

What a darling bug! I rode the first train in my life back home from Chicago last night and looked at that big 'ol moon. :D

Rose Marie said...

Love your ladybug. She is so sweet! Now you've got me thinking about beef stew. Uncle's favorite.
We might get a little snow here tmro. I can't believe it! Not happy.
Enjoy your warm weather for me.

Ele said...

love your ladybug, so pretty!
enjoy your tatting

Anthea said...

Very cute ladybug & tatting, Gracie... sending you good wishes for 2018 x

Parsley said...

Your pic of the moon is fantastic!
At first when I saw the title of 'bug' I thought it meant you were sick. Guess I have that on my mind right now...cough cough sniff sniff. lol

Pittoresque said...

Wow, that *is* a cute bug! I can understand you want to keep her a bit longer.