As I sit here drinking my first cup of coffee I wonder what my day will be like. One thing for sure, there will be no garden work!
This is where one of 2 very large Fountain Grass have been cut back and the Firecracker bush secured. It has grown so big, at least 8 feet tall. I am not ready to trim it back yet. The birds are enjoying the berries. The sun shines brightly off the disco ball.... "Parkles" everywhere now without the grass so tall.
The Snail vine has been trimmed as it was really sending lots of vine toward the house. Now I do not feel strangled when I pass by. Walking under the arbor is another thing. Here the second grass has been cut back and I found the Penstemon is actually growing well.
I picked 5 cherry tomatoes for my salad and 4 beans...not much but enough for me without wasting them. My hands and arms are feeling better. I had trouble holding the shuttle for tatting! and wrapping the thread around my left hand with all the little cuts was near impossible. So, I decided to work on my Shutterfly book. Well, I discovered that I am working on the wrong set up...they will think I am very incompetent when I call for help. By the time I finish this book I should be a wiz. Thankfully I have Dianna to guide me and get me back on track maybe averting a call to Shutterfly.
The weather is predicted to return to the 70s and maybe hit 80 today. Doors will be open and sitting outside is a maybe. First a laundry should do the swish thing and a few chores around the house need attention. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
This is where one of 2 very large Fountain Grass have been cut back and the Firecracker bush secured. It has grown so big, at least 8 feet tall. I am not ready to trim it back yet. The birds are enjoying the berries. The sun shines brightly off the disco ball.... "Parkles" everywhere now without the grass so tall.
The Snail vine has been trimmed as it was really sending lots of vine toward the house. Now I do not feel strangled when I pass by. Walking under the arbor is another thing. Here the second grass has been cut back and I found the Penstemon is actually growing well.
I picked 5 cherry tomatoes for my salad and 4 beans...not much but enough for me without wasting them. My hands and arms are feeling better. I had trouble holding the shuttle for tatting! and wrapping the thread around my left hand with all the little cuts was near impossible. So, I decided to work on my Shutterfly book. Well, I discovered that I am working on the wrong set up...they will think I am very incompetent when I call for help. By the time I finish this book I should be a wiz. Thankfully I have Dianna to guide me and get me back on track maybe averting a call to Shutterfly.
The weather is predicted to return to the 70s and maybe hit 80 today. Doors will be open and sitting outside is a maybe. First a laundry should do the swish thing and a few chores around the house need attention. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
7 comments:
Love the pictures, that vine looks better. Enjoy your day. hugs
Your garden always looks so inviting.
Have a lovely day.x
Gracie: Your gardens are beautiful, that ball with the sparkles on the wall is fantastic.
I read on another blog site that a person can tat with a needle, I have never heard of this, amazing.
I do wish we could have temps in the 70s.
Blessings
Catherine
Sounds like you have been having a busy and productive time in your lovely garden, my dear.
Oh your garden looks wonderful Gracie!
The garden is looking great. I think the snail vine is a full time job in itself!
No wonder your arms are tired with all the hard gardenwork you've been doing, but your garden looks great for it!
Post a Comment