It has been awhile since I have been up and out of bed at 3 or 4 AM. I woke hungry so I have had toast ( the Black Olive bread) and tea and now ready to go...actually no where to go at this time especially but ready to do laundry and vacuum.
Yesterday I headed out to get a few items for gifts and then I decided to go to the mall and to Macy's for a special ornament.
I wanted a special ornament in remembrance of Denny. Isn't this lovely? It is simple yet elegant. When I put it on the tree and the light came through, it was delightful. The back is brushed with silver and that gives it that soft glow. If you shake it, the "snow" falls down over the reindeer. Yes the tree is up but not decorated ...
well except for a few ornaments that are special this time. It looks so pretty from outside...and indoors also. Not sure about putting the usual lights out front this year. I did put the tree from the kitchen, a thin style tree out there
The addition of a few boxes and red poinsettias brighten up the porch. I have the wreaths to hang on the house and that may be all. Getting all the boxes from the top garage storage was always the both of us. Oh I can do it by myself but I had a little fall in the yard this past week. My fault for using a chair to stand on instead of getting the step ladder, so I am being extra cautious.
Speaking of the step ladder, last evening when I put the overhead lights on in the kitchen,
one of the them is not working. So, I guess the step ladder will be used soon to check on the light. I have the replacement fluorescent lights so let's hope this is easy. Did I ever tell you that I hate ladders?
I began some tatting yesterday but just could not get it going. I was sitting outside enjoying the mild temps when it began to get cooler and very overcast. I actually thought it would rain a few drops but of course not. We have not had any measurable rain her in The Valley since October. A couple of drops did fall one day last week.
Since I am awake I should get the laundry in and because it is only 4:30 AM I will wait to vacuum...it seems a bit early to clean house don't you think? I could try the tatting again or maybe read for awhile. Big decisions! I am glad to have you to chat with. Thank you for visiting with me and for your kind words and most of all your friendship. Maybe I could hold off on the laundry and reading and just take a short nap.....
Yesterday I headed out to get a few items for gifts and then I decided to go to the mall and to Macy's for a special ornament.
I wanted a special ornament in remembrance of Denny. Isn't this lovely? It is simple yet elegant. When I put it on the tree and the light came through, it was delightful. The back is brushed with silver and that gives it that soft glow. If you shake it, the "snow" falls down over the reindeer. Yes the tree is up but not decorated ...
well except for a few ornaments that are special this time. It looks so pretty from outside...and indoors also. Not sure about putting the usual lights out front this year. I did put the tree from the kitchen, a thin style tree out there
The addition of a few boxes and red poinsettias brighten up the porch. I have the wreaths to hang on the house and that may be all. Getting all the boxes from the top garage storage was always the both of us. Oh I can do it by myself but I had a little fall in the yard this past week. My fault for using a chair to stand on instead of getting the step ladder, so I am being extra cautious.
Speaking of the step ladder, last evening when I put the overhead lights on in the kitchen,
one of the them is not working. So, I guess the step ladder will be used soon to check on the light. I have the replacement fluorescent lights so let's hope this is easy. Did I ever tell you that I hate ladders?
I began some tatting yesterday but just could not get it going. I was sitting outside enjoying the mild temps when it began to get cooler and very overcast. I actually thought it would rain a few drops but of course not. We have not had any measurable rain her in The Valley since October. A couple of drops did fall one day last week.
Since I am awake I should get the laundry in and because it is only 4:30 AM I will wait to vacuum...it seems a bit early to clean house don't you think? I could try the tatting again or maybe read for awhile. Big decisions! I am glad to have you to chat with. Thank you for visiting with me and for your kind words and most of all your friendship. Maybe I could hold off on the laundry and reading and just take a short nap.....
9 comments:
I hope you opted for a nap.
Your new ornament is lovely. A prefect choice. Your trees look beautiful.
As for standing on a chair.....a little fall ?? ...please use the ladder and stay safe.
Wishing you a good day!
Gracie, please be careful my friend.
Denny's ornament is lovely.
The new ornament is beautiful and your porch looks festive and welcoming! Be careful on ladders... I try to not climb on my 3-step ladder unless someone is around, I'm a little afraid of them myself.
Denny's ornament is very special! Be careful on stepstools. No chairs!
Tree and front porch look very nice.
Have a good day Gracie.
Lovely ornament and I have to remember the lesson of stepladders as well. :)
Do not stand on chairs. Use the steps! Have you not done your H&S training?
Love the new ornament, so pretty. The trees look lovely too.
A very pretty ornament, so delightful.
Your tree looks very sparkly.
Your special ornament for Denny is so beautiful.
Great start on your decorations. Plenty of time until Christmas, so no need to rush things...no need to climb places without ladders too!
Post a Comment