Thursday, November 16, 2017

A nip in the air

A bit chilly today......temp is 56! Not to worry it will be in the 80s later today. The temp inside the house is 72 and comfortable. The doors were open last evening until 10 PM. Loving this weather.
Today our blogging friend Lynda Ruth from Purple Pixie Dust is in for shoulder surgery. This has been a task getting this far as it had been cancelled before. Let's wish her well that all goes according to plans. I know her hubby Dave will be taking good care of her.
I got as far as the Swaddled Baby #2 face yesterday
and her cap. She stands about 11 inches tall. Now to embellish her so she can travel to her new home. I decided to give her brown eyes and a plain white hat. I love sitting outside working on her.




Speaking of outside, my Hot Lips Salvia has almost tripled in size and this morning I found

This is just outside my kitchen window and the first thing I se when I open the verticals each day. The Hummer loves it and was upset just now when I took the picture. Look at that sweet blooms. I think I will need to get it a small trellis to support it. I am so pleased with how the garden is growing. It means a lot to me that it does.
I have to meet a friend this morning then back home to bake. The biscotti did not get made but yesterday Honey---aka Keith--- came by to help me with a printer issue. He love my shortbread cookies so that is what I will be making for him. Talking about the computer....Best Buy Geek Squad sent an email that they will not longer be servicing Kaspersky security software. So I need to go in to purchase another product today. Then I can come home to bake.
I will be joining a groups of ladies from here in Arizona for a stitch retreat to be held in Tucson in January. Hopefully enough will attend so it can go as planned. The designer for the workshop will be Linda Vinson with a special project for us. If you are here or nearby and are interested in the details let me know and I will email you an invite.  So glad you took time to visit. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Thank you for your friendship.


7 comments:

Vickie said...

Ever since I switched to this lap top I have been having a rough time with just a few email names. Lynda Ruth is one. I can't get her email. I am praying for her though. Maybe she will see it here?
It this baby a little bigger than the other? She is wonderful.
Hot Lips is great!

Janice said...

Good morning Gracie. Sounds like a full day ahead of you.
Wishing your friend Lynda well on her shoulder surgery today. My friend Carla (formerly my daddyo's Hospice nurse) went for a brain scan this morning. Praying all is well.
Happy you will be going to that retreat....can't wait to see what project they will choose for you all. Well enjoy the temporary cooler temps. XO

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Totally love the swaddled Baby, what an adorable face.
Your plant is beautiful, I love pinks and whites together in flowers.
I have Lynda Ruth on my prayer list, thank you for the reminder.
I wish it were 56 here today a bit cooler in the 30s
I use the Eset security, have never had a problem.

Blessings
Catherine

Vicki said...

What a gorgeous plant! I am loving this weather too. It's nice and cool in the morning and the 80s are not near as bad as the 110+, so we are blessed. We usually serve Thanksgiving Dinner outside and I'm happy to see in the forecast that the weather will cooperate again this year. Only once in the past 20 years have we had to move it inside due to rain.
Enjoy your weekend!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I did not realise the babies are so big! I'm used to the miniature crafting. It has a very sweet face.

Brigitte said...

I love the face that you made for the Swaddled Baby, so sweet.

Pittoresque said...

Beautiful flowers. I hope you'll have lots of fun on that retreat, it sounds like it will be!