Thursday, October 5, 2017

This and that

Went out shopping yesterday and for lunch with Dianna
found this cute wood bench...it has the words Boyds Bears burnt into the back and is about 14x12x15 and has the Fox couple sitting on it
So far it has moved to several locations..... These are the Foxes that we bought last Christmas and they have been cuddling ever since. At least moving this furniture is less painful than my regular furniture. Let's hope I am finally finished with that.
Today I really get to enjoy my new front porch.

That is if by the time I finish in the yard the temps are comfortable. One of these days these 2 Adirondack will be replaced. For now, they are comfortable and will do nicely. I will be adding a few pots of annuals soon.
Now about my writing class...
As you can see, my writing will be in long-hand in class as I do not have a lap top. Then I will put into the computer for editing and or corrections. On the hand out is a quote: "Whenever and old person dies, a small library burns."--Alex Haley. We will start with a life list.....and to wrote a food memory. As I had to leave early this is it for now. During the week I will work on this. Also thanks to or curse friend Debbi Burke for letting me know of an online class, "Into the light" an art workshop, I will have something else to occupy my time. Maybe this will eliminate the furniture moving business. I should mention something here about Debbie. Everyday since the first posting about Dennis' diagnosis and continuing now, she emails me everyday. At first it was total encouragement to deal with the day to day dealing of the eminent prognosis for Denny. Now, our emails share the day to day happenings of what we are doing. Debbie has been a caring friends and a life line for me. Yes, there are others who have encouraged and offered the virtual hugs and I am grateful to them also.
Today I will dig up the grass plant to investigate the leak with the irrigation system. I am not sure if I can fix it myself, but the landscaper has not gotten back to me and this is something I do not want  to let linger. I will get out there early as once the sun rises above my wall it will be very warm. Yesterday the temp reached 100 and today they predict high 90s. I am hoping to pick up Alice today or even my tatting.
Bet you are surprised to see an early post...well, I have been up since 2:30 and I am sure the irrigation issue has something to do with it. I hate to not have a fix to a problem-- right now. So, glad you visited and thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship. Let's have a good day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

The little wood bench is just perfect! So is your front porch! You are like me Gracie. I like to have a fix to a problem RIGHT NOW also. ;)

Janice said...

Yes that bench is a perfect spot for the cozy Mr. & Mrs.
Also your patio area looks amazing! Nice job guys. Nice area to sit, contemplate and do your writing perhaps. I know you will enjoy the class as it's fun to get those creative ideas flowing. Enjoy xo

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Just been having a little tootle around your lovely blog. Beautiful stitching and tatting. I love your bench and the foxes are perfect for it.
Your porch looks lovely. Good luck with your writing course.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The bench is lovely, perfect for the fox couple.
The writing class sounds fun, I hope that you enjoy it. We certainly enjoy your daily blog posts.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, look at Mr and Mrs. Fox. They seem to feel very comfortable on their little bench :))
I hope that the writing course will continue being so enjoyable for you.

Julie said...

Your lovely foxes look so cosy on the new bench.
The front porch does look a nice place to be sitting with the floorwork all completed.

Pittoresque said...

Those foxes are really cute, and your writing class sounds like a lot of fun :)

blue star stitcher said...

I took an online writing class last year through Rio Salado here, and was surprised with the stories I came up with for the assignments. Very different from what I thought I would be writing about, but the class really helped stretched my imagination. I found printing out what I wrote and saving it for the next day really helped me with my editing. My sister gave me her bread machine a few years ago (her bread turned out so fluffy and smelled wonderful) but I never managed to get the loaf out of the machine without it breaking into pieces.