Went to the writing class but left early. It was just to get started with introductions of who we are and where we are from and why we are there. I probably will email the instructor to see what I miss for the last hour.
It was important that I be here to meet with the crew doing the porch/walkway. We talked about the color the day before and I asked him to tone down the green which was looking tooo bright. And it is exactly as I like it now.
This is how it looked while drying. Again, all is hand mixed and applied. The colors are changeable at the very start but not once the work progresses.
Once dry they wash off the dry haze and then began to add the grout. A crew is usually the leader and one or 2 guys. I had 3 crews and what guys.
When that phase dries the sealant is applied then dry time again. I had them sprinkle some Fairy dust (fine grit) to prevent it from being slippery when wet.
This is how it looks this morning. I was hoping for a not new look and it is just that. I will be able to walk on it later this morning but as I am meeting a friend for lunch it will be later today. I am so pleased with the crew and the company and already sent an email off to them.
Before they left I asked them if I could take a picture and of course they obliged. These guys were polite and fun and very professional. They work well together and their work is only perfect. They set standards and met them.
Tomorrow morning I will enjoy sitting in my Adirondack with a cup of coffee. Now if this weather would only start to cool even more....today is expected to be in the high 90s again. the landscaper was unable to check the irrigation but I suspect he will soon. In the meantime, tomorrow I will dig up the small grass and look to see what is going on. I am becoming adventurous.
Must have my morning coffee and then get a few things done before leaving the house for a few hours. Thank you for chatting with me today and for your kind words. thank you for your friendship.
It was important that I be here to meet with the crew doing the porch/walkway. We talked about the color the day before and I asked him to tone down the green which was looking tooo bright. And it is exactly as I like it now.
This is how it looked while drying. Again, all is hand mixed and applied. The colors are changeable at the very start but not once the work progresses.
Once dry they wash off the dry haze and then began to add the grout. A crew is usually the leader and one or 2 guys. I had 3 crews and what guys.
When that phase dries the sealant is applied then dry time again. I had them sprinkle some Fairy dust (fine grit) to prevent it from being slippery when wet.
This is how it looks this morning. I was hoping for a not new look and it is just that. I will be able to walk on it later this morning but as I am meeting a friend for lunch it will be later today. I am so pleased with the crew and the company and already sent an email off to them.
Before they left I asked them if I could take a picture and of course they obliged. These guys were polite and fun and very professional. They work well together and their work is only perfect. They set standards and met them.
Tomorrow morning I will enjoy sitting in my Adirondack with a cup of coffee. Now if this weather would only start to cool even more....today is expected to be in the high 90s again. the landscaper was unable to check the irrigation but I suspect he will soon. In the meantime, tomorrow I will dig up the small grass and look to see what is going on. I am becoming adventurous.
Must have my morning coffee and then get a few things done before leaving the house for a few hours. Thank you for chatting with me today and for your kind words. thank you for your friendship.
8 comments:
Very nice, Gracie! It looks great. Nice group picture of the crew too.
They did an exceptional job! It's gorgeous!
I am so pleased for you too! It is lovely. What a great crew you had. :)
Superb finish, well done to those guys.
It looks great and a lovely photo of "your" guys. I am sure they appreciated the email too, far too often people only write in to complain.
That looks fantastic! What a gorgeous walkway and so glad you had a good group of workers.
This looks really great, Grace. This crew were doing a great job.
That really does look nice, I can imagine how please you are!
Post a Comment