Monday, October 23, 2017

Slow start to the day

Just a lazy morning. If I did not have a doctor appointment I would still be in pjs and no attempt to leave the house. But, the appointment is for 9:30 am and it is not an office that I have been to before so I will need to leave a bit earlier to find it. The morning is quite cool at 64 but they say it will rise to 99 by afternoon...when will we get to normal temps?
I began the art project that I mentioned
This is my creative space...a card table set up in near the computer for easy access. I finally decided that my theme would be the garden and this will be a tribute to Dennis. I am thinking of how my collage will be and gathering a few elements to add.
So far I have written on my blank canvas as the artist/teacher suggests. It most likely will all get covered with possibly a few words peeking out. Once I wrote the words I did feel that it is an inspiration to help create this piece. The words in my mind are now written and I will se where they lead me.
I have not had my morning coffee or breakfast yet. I was told to make sure that I am very hydrated so it has been water all night and so far this morning. The time is moving along and it is time I stop dilly dallying and get myself ready to go. Thank you for email of concern because I had not posted...I am okay. Each time the 21st rolls by it causes me to reflect on Denny and how much I miss his voice and touch. But I am doing okay as I have great friends that keep me focused....Debbie, Lu, Glenda and Vickie and others. Thank you. I am able to move on because of you and your visits in person and on line.  Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for your friendship.

12 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love the idea of using your writing as the backdrop Grace. I look forward to seeing how this develops, you are very creative.

Vickie said...

I am hoping your doctor appt went okay? I can see that your art project is a special one. I am glad you still feel Dennis with you. God bless you Gracie.♥

Janice said...

Daily thoughts and prayers are lifted up for you.
Your project is going to be so amazing as it's off to a good start. I really love your handwriting too! 🎨
Hope you had a good Dr visit 🏥

Ninetta said...

I like your idea of the handwriting in the background too. Looking forward to see the finished picture.

butterfly said...


Hoping your visit to the doctors went well, your art work will be a great healer for you.
Hugs.

Vicki said...

I'm eager to see your creation!

Brigitte said...

I loe the idea of having a garden theme for your creative project.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The garden theme is perfect for you! I like the idea of writing notes on the canvas too.

Julie said...

The garden is the perfect theme, you have lovely handwriting.

Rose Marie said...

I love the idea of writing in the background and the theme of yours and Denny's garden. It will help you grieve. I can't imagine what you must be going! You are handling it very well and don't listen to people who feel you should be further along in your grief. Love you and praying for you, Auntie

Rose Marie said...

I love the idea of writing in the background and the theme of yours and Denny's garden. It will help you grieve. I can't imagine what you must be going! You are handling it very well and don't listen to people who feel you should be further along in your grief. Love you and praying for you, Auntie

Pittoresque said...

Glad to hear you are doing okay. You art project sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. You do have beautiful handwriting!