Thursday, September 28, 2017

Busy morning

Lately it seems I am not interested in getting out of bed early some days. Oh I still wake at 2 or 3 AM, but then I just lay back and try to find a movie and stay put. Toda was different as was yesterday. The doctor appointment yesterday morning went well except he is unhappy that I am not using the medication as he asked me to, 4 times a day! So, it will be back to 4 times a day and return to him in a few weeks for possible injection. This morning is the PCP to talk about the recent blood work and the edema that I am having. All that said, this morning at 8AM sharp the company for the new rain gutters came to measure and collect half payment and the job starts tomorrow at 6:30 AM. So once again there will be no lazy morning for me. I have a few yard items that need to be moved before they arrive for the 3 hour job. One pot will have to stay put and he is okay with that. they will manufacture the gutters right here so it will be a seamless run.
I have new chili peppers hanging to dry. The last bunch fell during the monsoon storm and of course some birds must have picked at the jute that ties them together which did not help. These are so fresh and the aroma is wonderful. I am still debating whether to bring them indoors to hang.
The Brother Alan had mentioned earlier this year that he wanted to buy a cactus for the yard
It is a Totem Pole and it is the one in the tall pot. This would grow to be a monster if in the ground so I said he could buy it if put into the pot to stunt the growth. My yard is pretty well set with ground established plants. Denny did a great job and I want it to remain as is. So far I am keeping it all going well. I even planted a Fairy Duster Bush that I bought.
It has the cutest fluffy little blooms but do not last very long.
I dug the hole and planted  it myself and even added a drip line for watering. Thank you Don for teaching me how to do that! I will admit to feeling a bit of a backache after the job was finished but it looks nice.
For now this about covers spending money for this and that. Several projects are or will be done by October 3rd. Things it will be set for awhile.
I know Denny is watching and thinking that I am keeping up with what needs doing. I am glad that I learned about our plants and the I have learned how to do a few things. I am feeling accomplished.
Okay my friends, it is time for me to grab some tea and get ready for the appointment across town. Thank you for the kind words and for visiting with me. Thank you most of all for your friendship.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

So glad you had a good visit with Alan and Lisa! We are in chaos over here at my house as our three year old grandson has been in Children's Hospital since Saturday so I have his 1 1/2 year old sister with me. We're planning to go on a trip soon, so it will be mid-October before I'm back to normal (whatever that is). Enjoy reading your posts and keeping caught up with you!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Yes, you best leave that cactus outside in a pot. I had one that was growing in a pot and I had to keep getting a bigger pot. It got bigger than me and Dave. I finally had to drag it outside and let it die. It was just taking over and in our weather it would not have survived the winter. I did not have a green house to put it in. It just kepted growing. It was a lovely cactus but too too big. It started out as big as the one Alan bought.
Love your little fluffy bush and what kind of peppers are they. I hope they are not too hot if hot. hugs

Vickie said...

I like your Fairy Duster Bush very much Gracie. Please be a good girl and take your medicine! Love and hugs!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think you too should be proud of what you've accomplished Grace. Take care.

Brigitte said...

I love this row of cactus pots, looks great.

Pittoresque said...

I think you are doing a great job keeping your garden in shape :)

Julie said...

Fariy duster bush ... what a wonderful name for a beautiful plant.