Just when I think I know what it where in the garage I find something else. I found a Utility Pump...now that would have been ideal when I had to completely empty the pond! I thought we had one but I had not as yet cleaned the cupboards when I was working on the pond. Now it will be on the shelf where I can get to it for the next time. I did remember that I had a box with some drinking glasses. I have not yet emptied the upper cupboards so yesterday I poked into one and
here are 1977McDonald Burger King Star Wars glasses. Picture on one side and explanation on the back. There is Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, R2D2 and C3-PO as well as Darth Vader. Then there were some wildlife glasses and Ronald himself and also
Wonder Girl and A&W Rootbeer little mugs. This was when free glasses with a drink were the thing...real glass not plastic. Wonder what else I will find the next time I climb up the ladder? I know there are a set of 12 Betty Boop plates in a box. All will need to wait until a cooler weather arrives. We are in a heat advisory again today. Yesterday hit 110 and the same for today. The yard needs a sweeping and the pond could use a vacuum, but not today. Out to water a few pots and that is it. So glad the watering system is reconnected and working just fine.
I have a light headache to start the day and it is probably the weather but I will take something to help it disappear and just relax for a few hours. Still working on my tatted Denny's Angels...before I know it Christmas will be here and that was the idea behind making so many of these.
Thank you for stopping by today and for your kind words and for your friendship. I appreciate all of you and feel very lucky to have you in my life. Did you know that The Brother Alan will be arriving soon?
here are 1977
Wonder Girl and A&W Rootbeer little mugs. This was when free glasses with a drink were the thing...real glass not plastic. Wonder what else I will find the next time I climb up the ladder? I know there are a set of 12 Betty Boop plates in a box. All will need to wait until a cooler weather arrives. We are in a heat advisory again today. Yesterday hit 110 and the same for today. The yard needs a sweeping and the pond could use a vacuum, but not today. Out to water a few pots and that is it. So glad the watering system is reconnected and working just fine.
I have a light headache to start the day and it is probably the weather but I will take something to help it disappear and just relax for a few hours. Still working on my tatted Denny's Angels...before I know it Christmas will be here and that was the idea behind making so many of these.
Thank you for stopping by today and for your kind words and for your friendship. I appreciate all of you and feel very lucky to have you in my life. Did you know that The Brother Alan will be arriving soon?
11 comments:
Gracie: I am in wonder when I find goodies hiding that I have not seen for years, yours are gems for sure.
I am so sad the heat is so unbearable for you, we are having 73 today which is cold for me I like the upper 80s.
I am looking forward to seeing Denny's Angels on the tree this Christmas.
I hope your headache goes away super quick.
Blessings
Catherine
you never know what you will find when you look into cupboards and boxes. have a great day hugs love
What a great collection of glasses, someone would pay good money for those.
{hugs} hope the headache is now a thing of the past and you are able to enjoy making the lovely angels today. xx
Sometimes cleaning the garage can be like a treasure hunt! I agree, though, wait until it cools down to do any more scavenging... I'm ready for the cooler weather for sure!
Love, love, love the Star Wars glasses Gracie!!
I remember the different glasses they would come out with.... Heaps of people collected them.......not plastic rubbish like they have today......
If you are looking to rid yourself of the Star Wars glasses, I would LOVE to buy them and would be happy to pay for shipping. My husband and I are HUGE Star Wars fans, and they would be fun to have!
Let me know...
I've found a few collectors glasses in my cupboard too. lol
One is the Hamburglar.
Have fun with brother Alan!
Marilyn
Wow what a great, classic find! Worth some $$ if you were to sell them! Lol
Yay Alan will be there before you know it.
I agree, those Star Wars glasses are going to be a nice addition to your pension! A collector would love them.
It's amazing what you can find tucked away out of sight sometimes.
Those glasses are an awesome find...although Luke does look a little out of it!
Post a Comment