Wednesday, August 30, 2017

~~~and more from the cupboard

It has been so hot....again. What I mean is that we had those high triple digit temps then it cooled a little and now we are back in heat advisory with 110 temps. Really too hot to do anything outside. I may not be able to sit by the pond and listen to the waterfall that took so long to accomplish, but
sitting in my room in my comfy chair stitching, I can look out though the sliders and pass the lanai and see the pond and watch the occasional bird stop by.

I have started to add "things" around the pond edge and hopefully will soon be able to add some plants if this heat ever cools down.  All my hard work and help from Don, Dianna and Sherry really shows.
The same box that had the Star Wars ( Burger King, 1977) glasses had a few others
I have 2 of each of these: The Hamburgler and Ronald Action figures ( McDonald's, 1977) and the 50th Birthday Bugs Bunny glasses. Amazing how the gave these with a drink purchase....and glass not plastic. Not to be left out, Burger Chef issued
Endangered Species 1978 of which I also have 2 each. I checked on line with eBay and Etsy and these are selling for interesting amounts. The Star Wars ranged from $60.00 to $84 for the set of 4; McDonald Action series were around $5 to $7 each and Burger Chef for around $6 each.  Who knew?!
Tatting and tatting is what I have been doing. My aunt Angie would be proud that I finally learned to do this. I still have one that she made from the 1950/60s. Right now it is my preferred thing to do. I find it relaxing and easy to pick up and put down.  Later this morning I will be off to the Post Office to mail 2 packages and that will be the extent of my outdoor travels. Even though the car and stores are all air conditioned, it is still the effort to get there in this heat....walking from the car to place and place to car is like walking into a wall of heat. Smacks you right in the face.
It is so nice to have you stop by and thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Counting the days ~~~~The Brother Alan will arrive September 19th.

7 comments:

diamondc said...

Gracie: How nice you have something from your Aunt, what a lovely memory, I bet she would be proud you learned to Tat.
I am so sorry the heat is so bad, I hope it cools soon.
Your pond looks lovely, I hope you do get the plants out soon.

Blessings
Catherine

Chookyblue...... said...

That high heat is no fun for anyone.... Hope it cools a bit soon.....

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm going to send my sister to visit you, she loves the heat!
Glad to hear that tatting is keeping you busy until the arrival of the Brother Alan. Which is just two days after my Birthday!

butterfly said...


It's been hot here this week too gracie .
But I stayed inside still have my pain in my leg .
Enjoy your tatting .

Julie said...

A new lady at our craft group was tatting .... I told her I knew a wonderful lady who can tat so beautifully .... you my dear friend x

Brigitte said...

Such a nice view from your stitching chair even without being outside. I couldn't be outside at these temperatures.
I had already thought that the glasses from the 70s would be looked for and sell for interesting prices.

Pittoresque said...

More interesting findes! You're cupboard must be a real treasure chest.