Thursday, June 15, 2017

You should have waited.....

Yesterday when I came home I decided it was time to change the water in the aquarium...even for the one remaining tenant.....so, I began to take out the water and of course it somehow was all about me...the rug and me. Okay, take a deep breath and now I needed to empty more than planned so I could move this 10 gallon lake so I could wipe up all the water. Out came the fish and I will say he did not seem too happy. Finally got that all set and remembered to treat the water. In my head I could hear Mr H saying..."you should have waited for me". Then to do some laundry. I now needed to eat. It seemed that the evening would progress better when I decided to get something from the closet top shelf. I opened the 3 step ladder and missed the first step. I could hear Mr H...." you should have waited for me". Luckily I caught my balance and no harm done.  This morning after a restless night I thought to check the pond...where did the fountain go....why is it I have to stick my hands up to my elbow in this nasty place. I found the pump and fountain and proceeded to set it back in place and you guessed it. I took not only a shower but a shampoo without the shampoo. I could hear Mr H ... "you should have waited for me". I did want to wait....I so wanted to have you do these tasks....but you are not here and I am waiting....I will sit with you again today and we will hold hands and I will chat and I will wait...for you.

26 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Oh, Gracie. I have no words. I'll keep praying for strength and peace.

Mary said...

Just stumbled over to your blog, don't ask how. Kind of like one click led to another. Sad reading these days, be strong. I clicked on 'about me' you moved from RI that is where I live and have for all my life. My thoughts are with you both.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I am still here praying for you and Dennis. Big hugs

Vicki said...

I'm glad to see your update today, I've been worried and wondering since you last posted. Still keeping you all in my prayers...

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Stay strong Grace and take care.

lynda said...

sending prayers through my tears...

AC said...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Norman Belanger said...

💔

Kris said...

This is so poignant Grace, so filled with you painful heart. Blessing winging their way to you and Dennis.

Debbie said...

sending Hugs....

butterfly said...


You are so brave gracie .
I am thinking about you both everyday .
Sending you both the biggest of hugs .

Janice said...

Heaven can wait.....♡

jocondine said...

Send you big hugs. Love

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

So happy you posted. You and Mr H are in my thoughts and prayers. Aquarium sounds like quite a challenge!!

Vickie said...

Oh boy! These fish are all hassling you hey? ;)
Sending love and prayers as always dear Gracie and Dennis. Never a day passes that you two are not in my thoughts. God bless you both.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I have been thinking of you both often...continued prayers for you both...for strength, for peace, for love...

Alan said...

Im sorry
I could not be there

Tonya said...

Xoxo!

Nicola said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Irene said...

Gracie ♥

Marilyn said...

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Much love xxxx

Annette-California said...

I have been thinking of you both everyday.
Your both in my daily prayers. Oh between the tank and pond - sounds like you won!!!
love Annette

Ninetta said...

Hugs. Try to stay strong and take care of yourself.

shirley flavell said...

Oh Gracie, hugs and more hugs. Thinking of you both.

peggysue98 said...

Gracie...talked to my husband and we can come out and see what we can do with your pond. He asked if you would take a pic of it and send it to me. 602-620-3781. There is my phone number.


Hugs..hang in there
Peggy