Thursday, September 8, 2016

Off color

~~~~and I do not mean me! All of a sudden blogger changed my blog colors and I can not get them to reset. Therefore, you are looking at a blog that is under construction. What to do?  In the meantime....we had a bit of rain, not really much at all from the tropical storm Newton. Out came my Monet Water lilies umbrella when I had to go into the garden to adjust a few things...
I love my special umbrellas. Of course  they were used quite often when we lived in Rhode island, but here in Arizona....The Valley of the Sun....it hardly rains. It is a cause for celebration when I can actually open one up. So they remain in their stand but the front door...
I have 2 Monet, a Renoir and one with the Sistine Chapel inside and then the fancy edged one that was a gift years ago from my niece Tonya...they sit in a large pottery urn that we found when we moved here. Of course I could use the lighter ones when walking in the hot sun (some people do) but they only know the rain.  I have finally finished the punching on the couple walking but have not decided how to complete it yet. I really need to spend time with the sewing machine to get some of these projects to completion....on my to do list. I am forever making lists: for the kitchen, for the desk, for the market...on and on it goes. The older I get I need reminders so I write it all down with hopes of reading and doing!
The Brother Alan recently received a Leadership Excellence Award at work...and a letter: ..."Your hard work and dedication....your outstanding commitment to customer service." "Thank you for stepping up to the challenge of your demanding position and embracing our culture of responsibility and accountability." He is a director in a department for a large company and is well respected. I am so very proud of him. Well my friends...thank you for your friendship and kind words. It is always nice to chat with you. Have a great day.
NOTE~~~~~I think blogger will keep these changes...let's hope....

11 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

good on brother Alan. love your umbrellas. hopefully they will get to be used in the future. do have a go at your sewing machine, sounds like it is a little negected. big hugs Lynda Ruth

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful umbrella collection! I wouldn't want to use them too much in the sun either, they might fade. Good luck with all your lists!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful collection of umbrellas. You should use them as sunshades!
Your blog is currently a rather pretty shade of lavender. I like it anyway!

butterfly said...

They changed my colour backround too , I just got it right by messing around with it .
It was a real shocking pink now I have a soft pink .
Your Umbrellas are beautiful .
Well done to your brother , what a winner. hugs.

shirley flavell said...

Love your umbrellas, hope you get to use them a bit more.You will be full of pride with your brother achieving that award.Hugs from N.Z.

Bea said...

Beautiful collection of umbrellas. And "well done" to your brother!

Brigitte said...

It seems that today everything is working fine again with the colours.
Congratulations to your brother!

Vicki said...

What a pretty umbrella! We gave the grandkids umbrellas for Easter last year and they never miss a chance to use them. Which, as you know is not very often! We were out of town for the rain here in Surprise, but on the way home it rained on us from Pueblo CO to just outside of Albuquerque NM. So at least I got to see some rain!

Ele said...

Congratulations to your brother
Lovely umbrella, so special!

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I too have had problems with blogger doing things I did not want, so far everything is good (keeping my fingers crossed).
Congratulations to you Brother, I worked in healthcare and whenever someone went above and beyond their duty the boss always recognized it.
I love your umbrellas, so pretty, I am looking forward to seeing how you finish punch needleworks.

Blessings
Catherine

C Reeder PhxAz said...

My screen for your blog is a gorgeous pale lavender - my favorite color hue!! We got our umbrellas out last week too. Had to shake the dust off!!!!