Friday, September 11, 2015

Quilted Ball

Today just might be a really nice day...well, if the humidity--61% and dew points--66% drop. At the moment the temp is is 77 and expected to reach 100. One of these days I will be sitting outside...one of these days but not just yet. Workking on a few ornaments..
a "quilted" ball that so many are making.
simple and not much time to do but it does use lots and lots and lots of pins. Something fun to do. They have been around for some time and are now returning to the craft world. There are lots of design possibilities. I have 2 ornament exchanges this year, down from 5 last year. I was concerned my hand issue would make too many difficult. The hand is not any different since stopping therapy, but really no worse. Taking it slow when I pick up a needle. I do stitch for enjoyment, not for speed. Must say that I am really enjoying my retirement. Everything at my leisure with no time constraints. Does anyone watch Longmire series? The season 4 has started on Netflix.... I really could have watched all 10 new episodes last night, but I will take it slow so as to enjoy them. Still waiting for Call the Midwife to return.
Gee, I am so happy you had some time to visit. LuLu is you are here I send a hug.....thank you all for the kind words and your friendship. Hope you have a wonderful day.
September 11, 2001~September 11, 2015

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...


Dont worry I will never forget September 11th. I saw what happened and it will never leave me. Take care to all in the states.God Bless America. Big hugs Lynda Ruth Canada

Vickie said...

Love the quilted ball ornament.

Shelly said...

Can't wait until I can retire! Your quilted ball is very pretty. Looking forward to even cooler temps! I'm a Longmire fan and watching the first episode for the 3rd time! I'm trying to watch an episode once a week but I'm not sure it'll happen. I'll watch the 2nd episode tonite. Great show, right?! Have a nice weekend, Gracie.

sana said...

Lovely quilted ball !

Vicki said...

The quilted ball is beautiful! We watch Longmire, but don't have Netflix 😕

Vicki said...

Oops,don't know what I did to put question marks in there ...

shirley flavell said...

Your quilted ball is lovely, I started one some time ago but never finished it. You have inspired me to do so.I don't know the series Longmire but loved Call the midwife. We have Netflix in N.Z. now, but don't have this , have sky although wonder why sometimes it does nothing but repeats.Sept. 11 will never be forgotten. Hugs Shirley

Anthea said...

Great work on the quilted ball Gracie... they're lovely to make & having made some myself, I totally agree about the number of pins it takes!

Julie said...

Beautiful quilted ball, they looks so effective.

Brigitte said...

So lovely, your quilted ball ornament.