Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Time to clean out

Spent the last 2 days looking through the closet of stash..... why do we collect patterns that we will never stitch? Even if they are freebies, does not mean they will become projects. So, I am tossing and hope to gift a few things....

This is a complete set of Flip Its; January to December and some still have the charms but unfortunately some do not. Where they have gone is a mystery. I have never stitched any of them and if by now this is so, it is never going to happen. They need a new home....any takers?????
While looking through the smalls, I also found these
never stitched and never to be by me....they would like to be real so they also need a new home.....
The plan is to revisit every month or so all the items in the craft closet...next up will be magazines.... so if you are looking for some stash, look here and let me know if you are interested.
Laundry number 2 is in the wash and maybe we will do a number 3 this morning. I definitely need another cup of coffee and my feet up. Did a bit on Red yesterday...the wolf is getting a tail. Almost finished with it. I must start on a few Christmas ornaments....I had hoped to have a few completed by now... the thought was there. It sure has been nice having you visit with me today....thank you for the kind words....have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Gracie, I'm like you, I need to de-stash! That being said, I would love to have the Lizzie Kate flip-its. I'm stitching an afghan using an older set of months she designed and these would make a great addition! Glad you're able to do more with your hand. But take it easy so it heals completely. I was in JoAnn's the other day and looked for you. One of these days I'm sure we'll connect there.

Julie said...

Some nice things you are giving away. I should do the same!

butterfly said...


Well done gracie I should do it too but where do I start .
I sort out a few to pass on then keep looking at them and put them back ! I must be stronger.

Josie said...

Sounds like you had fun rummaging through your smalls! I really need to have a good tidy out too but like Butterfly when it comes to the crunch I just can't part with anything. Must take a leaf out of your book. Well done! xx

Vickie said...

Good for you Gracie. Sounds like Vicki will USE them. :) I like to give charts away too. Make others happy!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Over the years I've asked myself the same question and never got close to an answer. I've still been doing the very same thing even though I'm currently not stitching - how crazy is that?

Shelly said...

I'm guilty of the same thing, having charts that I may never get to. With that being said, I'd be interested in some stitching magazines if you've got them! Ha. Hope your hanging in there with the hot temps in the Valley.

Ma, Herself said...

Oh Gracie, you are like lightning girl, look at you go! I should be de-stashing but instead I seem to be growing...yikes! You inspire me, and I'm with the others that it is great to make others happy with what we will never use...
Hang in there, and remember to rest in between
Hugs
Ma

shirley flavell said...

I have just been doing some BIG destashing. Fabrics and stitcheries. I got a little too ruthless I think though. Went looking for something the other day, looked high and low. Nowhere to be found, guess it went to my daughter or to someone else. I was disappointed in myself, guess you have to be fairly careful. Hope all is going well with your hand. Shirley

Annette-California said...

Good for you Gracie! I've been on a major destash, reorganizing of my scrapbooking. Along the journey I have also gone thru my stitching stash. It's been fun! Hope you do give your hand a rest. Please do not include me for your lovely LK charts. Hope you are.nice and cool! love Annette

Sandra said...

When you get to sorting out your magazines, I am looking for Just Cross Stitch Feb. 1991, the one with 'The Woods' in it. Please contact me if you come across it.

Carla Eldridge said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I have to look for the year that I'm missing a very important magazine, so when I figure out which one it is I'll get back to you on that to see if you have it and will gladly pay for the magazine and postage!

It has taken me five years to de-stash those patterns I will never stitch! Take it slow :D