Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Good news ----not so good news and the roof

Yesterday as I sat on the sofa reading the newspaper sipping my coffee, the roofers began their work. We asked to have the skylight in the living room removed, this I guess was the day. All of a sudden there was light poring in from the ceiling and a hand drops down! I got up to look.....
this is who belonged to that hand. I was glad I had dressed already! The work continued and finally the opening is covered and shingles in place. I have to admit that it was rather noisy up on the roof...I was glad to be off to work. On Monday Mr H and I returned to the doctor to get the results of my MRI and blood work. The good news; no cancer or auto-immune issues. The bad news is that he has no fix. He called a doctor who specializes in hand issues (not a surgeon) and he has agreed to see me. There are 2 options at the moment. First would be to cast my hand to make it immobile for one month followed by therapy, the second is extensive therapy to try to eliminate the mass that is there.  I am opting for the therapy. In the meantime, my doctor has put me on release from work for one month so that I can rest the hand. He expects me to not to use the hand.... I cannot think of not stitching! Red is so close to finishing----- maybe a few stitches here and there..... that about tells my story. We have been having some monsoon storms...more about that later....right now I need my coffee and something to eat..... Thanks for stopping by to see me.....hope you have a great day.

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Hi, hon I do hope the therapy will help with your hand, who says you can't just do alittle stitching. Maybe 10 x's here and there should not hurt too much. You can only give it a try. I will being praying that your hand gets better soon. have a great day and here's a big hug from me to you. HUGS Lynda Ruth

Vicki said...

Praying that the therapy will work and that the month of "rest" will fly by!

Mouse said...

oooo hope that your hand gets sorted soon ... try and learn to stitch with the other hand maybe for awhile ?? take care and enjoy the time off from work :) love mouse xxxx

Vickie said...

I wonder if you could stitch sufficiently with your other hand? Therapy won't work if you are naughty!!
Does your ceiling look strange now? Is it fixed up inside?

Shelly said...

I'm in agreement with Vickie! Rest that hand! It would be hard to not be able to stitch. Yes, good thing you were dressed! Enjoy that month off from work. Take care!

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, be careful and rest your hand as much as you can. I do hope that the therapy will work.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I would have chosen therapy too, I hope it works. It's going to be tough not doing all the things you love for several weeks but hopefully it will be worth it Grace.

rosey175 said...

I am glad you've gone with therapy; I hope it works out for you! I would try hard to not be naughty though, suppose because of it you lose the ability to stitch forever! An awful thought.

I would be so surprised at a hand coming into the house too, yikes ahaha.

Ele said...

Hope your hand will be fine very soon! Take it easy
Hugs

Minnie said...

Love the good news, hate the bad news. Take it very easy and try to do what the drs say.