Sunday, May 24, 2015

Thimble in the mail

I received my 2nd thimble from Gema in Madrid Spain...
Gema also made a lovely scissor fob . Her note to me was in Spanish...I only speak a few words so I used translation and got the message okay. The only thing I do not know is if she received my thimble to her.... hopefully she will let Kim M know. Then I received a message last week from someone who read my blog and asked about a thimble exchange because she also collects them. I just may have to find another display box! Work was real busy these last two days. My hand really suffered and there is no time to go for an injection. Luckily I do have the analgesic gel which does help. Simple hand stitching is what I can do at the present. Poor Red, she is lost out in the forest......
I will be emailing the June Card Exchange list out tonight.... so still a little time to join. I am really enjoying the cards and handwritten notes. I am hoping to sit outside for a bit today. My last relaxing time I had a hummer curious about me and I managed to get a picture of him...

they are  very curious and very territorial. When another enters the area, they quickly start to defend their yard..... even with lots of space from more and 2 feeders in the back yard as well as one out front! Mr H has enough flowers to tempt them...
really fun to watch them hover about and those tiny wings fluttering so fast. I have several hummers around the house...this is one of my favorites...
it is suspended from the ceiling just above and to the left of my computer desk. When a breeze enters the kitchen, it floats gently. The birds are wood and metal. The Kachinas like them too!
I would like to work on a couple simple projects today.... they are in the ready to go stages... so unless I get real lazy, I should be able to play around with at least one of them. Truth be told, I can hear the soft call of the Goldfinches.... I do get distracted~! So glad to chat with you today. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Have you tried wearing any kind of support on your hand Grace. I always find that if I put on pain relieving gel, it works better when I wear a soft tubi grip type support over it.

KimM said...

Hi, Grace! Lovely gifts from Gema! Yes, she received your lovely gifts and was thrilled!!!
Hugs
xxx

Debbie said...

Hope that you have had a great day today. Your hummingbird photos are wonderful!
We get the odd sighting these days. And no need to try for the camera...they leave too quickly.
Take care of your hand.

Annette-California said...

Very pretty fob & thimble from Gems. What a lovely addition to have something special from Spain. Beautiful photos if your hummingbirds. Hope your hand feels better. love Annette

Julie said...

Gema has sent you beautfiful gifts.Hope your hand is soon im.proving

Brigitte said...

So lovely to see the pictures of your hummingbirds. And such lovely gifts from your exchange partner in Spain.

LaTonya A Mannning said...

Gracie, thank you for the viewing of your collection of thimbles. I am so excited to start my collection.

Be Blessed
LaTonya

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely thimble and a sweet tiny scissor fob too.

I'm hoping to get some nice cards tomorrow for the exchange, any excuse to buy more notelets!

Gema said...

Hola soy Gema, si lo recibi como bien dice Kim, tambien te mande un mensaje pero quizas cambien alguna letra en el email, ya que no lo entendia bien dandote las gracias por todos los detalles y el dedal tan bonito. Yo tambien utilizo el traductor ya que el ingles conozco muchas palabras pero a la hora de formar las frases no estoy muy suelta, es una pena, pero nunca se me ha dado muy bien el idioma. cuidate esa mano, saludos y espero no perder el contacto

Kaisievic said...

Lovely 2nd thimble exchange, Gracie - it has been a great swap, hasn't it? I hope that your hands come good soon.