Sunday, May 3, 2015

Not much happening around here

I guess what they, who ever they are, say is true....the older we get the more difficult it can be to heal or in my case "feel better" quickly. The cold symptoms have really all but disappeared, but a migraine that is lingering this past week is another story. Today seems to be a better day and I will be off work until Tuesday. My work schedule has been light, only a couple of days. I plan to relax and push away any stress that may try to creep in.  Recently I am experiencing some blurred vision. All of this has made cross stitching a little stressful. Guess it is time to have it checked out. It comes and goes but it is worrying me. I managed to put a few x's in on Red but not enough that you would notice. I did make a pin cushion...
I grabbed some wool felt from my bin and cut out a simple pattern and then put it all together in applique. I am pleased with the finished piece. A bit "folksy" I would say. Our Arizona temperatures have reached the triple digit mark so I guess it will be onward and upward from here on out. Temps for today should be around 90....it is already 74 and just about 7:30 AM. The air is still, not even a little breeze out there. Laundry is almost finished, need a breakfast and then on to some stitching---- I hope, as I said, when my eyes are blurry it is not the best time to stitch on 28 count linen. Maybe some crazy quilting for today. So very nice to chat with you today....thank you for the kind words.....and of course your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Sorry to hear you are still with your cold.
Could be your head that is making your blurry eues .
Your cold may have moved to your head .
Hope you get better soon sending Hugs.

KimM said...

Oh dear, Gracie - I'm so sorry you're still a bit under the weather. Yes, blurry vision can be disturbing.I hope you can get it checked out soon. And migraines - oh my - I've had them and they really, REALLY wear you out. Take care, my friend,
Kim

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely pincushion......get those eyes checked.........

Angela P said...

Love the pincushion! Sorry to hear you are still not feeling the best, migraines could cause blurry vision too but best to get it checked. Take care.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think your "folksy" pin cushion is just perfect Grace. I agree with Angela, migraines cause blurry vision but it's best to get it checked. You can get something called a visual migraine - I've only ever had one and it was a very scary experience as everything starts to go wavy and moves in your circle of vision - you may be having a repeated mild form of this. I hope it improves soon.

thegreytail said...

oh so sorry to read you're still under the weather, take care, Gracie!
your pincushion is simply perfect. the colours, the design, the finish, the stitching, .. simply marvellous.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope you take all the good advice here!

Lovely pincushion. It's nice to have another craft to do when you don't feel up to stitching.

Cindy's Stitching said...

How pretty Gracie. I hope you feel better soon.

Stitching Happy said...

Lovely pincushion!
Hope you feel better soon.

blue star stitcher said...

I wonder if our recent rains, and changing weather has made your headaches worse also? I love the colors you used for your pincushion. I haven't been brave enough yet to try any projects with wool.