Monday, May 7, 2012

A new week....

Oh I am so glad that I am feeling better. Had a couple of days that I want to file away and forget. I did very little stitching, or blog visiting, or anything else. I even slept late on Sunday morning... I got up at 5:45 am...3 hours late to start the day! Can you imagine my surprise when I saw the clock.
I often wonder if others who visit me read my page... you know the sidebars. Do you give it any thought? I like to read what others have listed. Well, I received a pattern from "my wish list" from Sheila B....
I love this sampler......thank you again Sheila for your thoughtfulness.
The Madam and I have had a few quiet days, but on my last time out, Mr H and I took a short ride and came upon a horseback ride for a resort nearby and found this sweet guy...
He was prancing around and calling out to his fellow horses....a beautiful color don't you think. While we watched him run around, we heard birds calling very loudly and urgently....
Across the field was a Great Horned Owl in the tree where obviously the Mockingbirds did not want him. He of course totally ignored their flying about and "attacking" him. I know it is not easy to spot him... but he is in the center of the picture.
That is about it for now. No particular plans for today. I am pleased you took some time to visit with me...welcome to my new friends , so happy you are here. Have a great day....

5 comments:

geeky Heather said...

What a pretty horsie!! =) And I do see that owl...he's a big guy, no wonder the birds were upset!

Autumn said...

How sweet to get a RAK. Love the horse and owl pics

Milly said...

Hello

It's so nice to receive an item on your wish list!

Lovely horse and owl photos.
I am glad you are feeling better.

Jennifer M. said...

I really like that pattern you received. That owl was huge!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful pattern you received Sheila, Grace. And yes I love to read the things listed on blogs sidebars:) Great Owl photo. I can't believe that you were able to snap it. Have a great week.