Monday, April 30, 2012

Iris, SAL and the Madame

The end of April already! It just seems as though these months are are blur. Speaking of "the last", I downloaded my last issue of GOS yesterday. How sad to loose this wonderful magazine. I wish Kristen the best in her future plans.
For the first time I am involved in a SAL... I joined Manka's SAL along with 170 others. You can click on the button on my sidebar to visit the website. I also could not resist and started it this morning. I chose my own colors based on her example. I will post a picture soon. In the meantime, here is Iris....
This is a slow stitch.... but I am enjoying it. I have used 10 of the 90 colors so far. I think this is about 40 stitches.... I work on it a little each day.    Talking about flowers.... look at this sweet Hibiscus that opened today
The colors...... only nature can do this. Don't want to bore you with the blooms in the garden, but it is so nice to wake each day, year round to one flower or another in bloom.
A word from Madame Muriel.......
Yesterday we went out to get a few plants. Mr H does not like to see an empty pot in the garden.
I could not resist sitting among the Cosmos blooms while he readied the pot. The soft pink and bright yellow centers are so delicate and comfy too. There is a small pot of red Geraniums, and bright pink Dianthisis and pink Vinca. I noticed that when when shop for plants.... Gracie just pushes the shopping cart. Mr H finds all the lovely flowers. Well, she did help select the plant for the kitchen.
Just look at all the tomatoes we have to pick today. I guess I will be calling Dear Ziz... I do hope she wants some. Gracie is going to make some salsa later for the Blue Corn Chips.
The temps yesterday were in the mid 90's and expected so for today so it will be indoors until early tomorrow. Then we get to sit out on the glider early morning. All the bunnies come out then and as long as we remain quiet they ignore us. That is all for today. Thank you for checking in on my adventures and following Gracie's progress on her stitching. Have a great day.

6 comments:

milly said...

Hello
Your Iris is looking very pretty.

The SAL with Manka seems very popular.

All those tomatoes look lovely.

I'm glad Madame enjoyed helping with all those lovely plants.

Vickie said...

Now that's a lot of tomatoes for you two!!

dulcinella said...

Those tomatoes look so good! and so much of them! good luck on the HAED. On what count are you working it? It seems so small. I'm very curious to see the evolution of Marka's sal. Happy stitching

Cardygirl said...

The thought of sitting on the glider watching bunnies is delightful. Enjoy!

Silverlotus said...

Those are absolutely beautiful flowers. We still just have tulips and a few other spring flowers around here. It will be about a month before we start seeing a bunch more.

And yay for joining a SAL. I can't wait to see lots of progress. :D

Patty C. said...

Beautiful flowers ;)