Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A special giveaway

Today was start to clean the craft closet day. I came across a special project the I bought back in 1994. I did not buy it to necessarily stitch it, but to support a cause. All proceeds from the sale of the pattern book went to Breast Cancer Research. Select needlework shops sold it and they are numbered and the sales would end on December 1996...one year. The original prices are still on the book and supplies. ($15.00 and $31.50)


It is called Once Upon a Lifetime....The Tree of Life is the poem. It is signed by Lois and numbered, this is 362/1000.
I have all the threads, embellishments and 28 count Cashel linen.
In May of 1993 she was diagnosed with malignant breast cancer. This was her way of doing something to help research.
I would like to give this to someone who will stitch it. It really is a lovely design. So, if you are really interested in stitching this....please send me an email---ghorton1@cox.net  and tell me why you would like it. I will choose a winner on January 21st.
We all know someone who is affected by cancer of one form or another. This would make a nice memorial for a special someone....or even as it is.
The Tree of Life is Hope..
for Hope, like Life flows
from the bubbling brook of
Curiosity into a rippling
cascade of Discovery.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Gracie do not include me, but I wanted to say you are such a good, good person for first of all supporting this cause and second of all GIVING this away!! I hope you get a winner who truly, truly stitches this up.

Karyn said...

What a wonderful giveaway, Gracie, and though I would not do it justice, you are so sweet to find someone who would...that's such a "Gracie" thing to do. Good luck and I will say prayers that the perfect person will come forward and create something beautiful, in both in stitching it up and finishing it.
Hope your day is going well
Hugs

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Well, we are getting hit with that snow storm they said would arrive at noon and it did. we made it to Halifax and back yesterday okay, just had to sit almost 4 hours to see the doctor. He is the only one in this office and he has allot of patients to see, the office was always full.He must of had over a hundred patients yesterday and it's like that every day. My body is so sore from sitting in the car for 3 hour drive down and a 3 hour drive home plus sitting 4 hours and going up and down in the elevator to feed the parking meter. I am resting today. Unfortunely the mail brought nothing today. I am so pissed with the postal service. I will watch out tomorrow and hope. Have a good day and I will sit and stitch and watch the storm pass bye. Big,big hugs love

Julie said...

A very worthy cause you donated to for this pretty chart. I hope it finds a home where it will be treasured.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

I decently would stitch this it would be a nice birthday surprise for me as my birthday is the 13th. I love doing samplers and those colors are gorgeous. Please enter me in and thankyou for offering this

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
diamondc said...

Gracie: Please do not include me in the giveaway, I had the pleasure of meeting Lois Norford at a retreat, she was an amazing lady, she had the right attitude about life, she was a wonderful designer with a beautiful heart.
I stitched the once Upon A Lifetime, Tree of life, it is hanging in my living room.

Blessings
Catherine

butterfly said...


A lovely giveaway gracie I have 2 friends right now that have cancer , but I get to upset to even think about it and to stitch for them would upset me too much right now.
But thank you for the offer , so sweet of you . I am sure there will be someone who would love this kit it is lovely .
Have a good week hugs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a lovely sampler but I couldn't say I would get to stitch it this year or even next!
Good luck to the entrants.

Pittoresque said...

That's a lovely design! I can see why you would want to make sure it's getting stitched.