Friday, December 15, 2017

I was tatting when it happened

A beautiful nip in the air this morning that will only last until this afternoon when we will feel temps in the mid 70s. All is well in the garden
This is ready for my salad tonight. I know, only one at a time, but that is okay...there are lots on the plant. No beans yet...but they look like a good crop coming. Let's not talk about the Alien Snail Vine...
It was a nice morning yesterday. I was sitting in the living room recliner tatting when all of a sudden...a sharp burning pain on the back of my neck. I touched it an jump with pain.


I looked  in the mirror and it was instantly bloody red. A short time passed when Glenda stopped by to get something and she looked and said ...you need to get it checked. So I went to the Urgent Care and saw a PA on staff. after a few questions she announced that it appears to be a bite....an insect bite. She could say it was not a mosquito or spider and thought it could be a scorpion. Not all scorpion bites cause extreme problems. Nothing to do but watch it. This morning is less of an area that is red and not as red as yesterday. It is less painful so I will just keep an eye on it.  Before you ask...yes I did search the area and the chair for signs of any bug but found nothing. My life is so exciting! But it is.....later as I s
at in the same chair tatting...I saw
yes, a coyote walking in front of my living room window...around 4:30 PM.
He scratched up the grass a bit and looked at me through the window before strolling by. I returned to my tatting which is coming along if I could only stay focused without distractions!
So, that was yesterday...I can only hope that today my only distractions are how to get the computer mouse working properly. I have tried so many things I am about to give up. Typing is a challenge when you can not find it on the screen. So, I will stop typing and enjoy my coffee and a piece of toast. Glad we had time to visit. Thank you for your kind words and you friendship. 

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my friend. I would not like that scorpions could be in my house!! I hope you feel better today. Enjoy your tomato and salad.❤️

Shelly said...

Wow. I didn't know scorpions were still active in the winter. i have never seen one and glad of it! That tomato sure looks good. Enjoy your Friday!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

that coyote looks hungry, do stay away from them. that dose look like a bad bite. hope it heals soon. enjoy your tomato. hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You do live in a dangerous part of the World! Maybe the coyote wanted to try some crafting? Hope the bite wound recovers soon.

Alan said...

You laughed at me when I searched the property with a black light. I’ll bet you’ll start using it now

butterfly said...

Oh gracie that looks sore .
Tomatoe looks lovely I wish we still had fresh ones here.
Enjoy yoyr weekend .

Vicki said...

Your tomato looks perfect!
Your neck looks painful. I've been stung by a scorpion before, but not bitten. Hopefully it'll clear up soon.
Loved the photo of the coyote passing by!

Pittoresque said...

I hope your neck is better by now. How nice of your tomatoes to ripen one by one - that way you can enjoy them all and never need to hurry to use them up!