Yesterday...thank goodness it has gone. I want will to be positive about today. I picked up the keyboard slide of course after assembling the thing it did not fit. Now do not ask why I did not check this before hand. When it was ordered I looked at the measurements and it seemed to be fine. There is the problem...the measurements are only for the area where the keyboard sits not the brackets. So, that will be going back tomorrow. Today is already spoken for. I will be stopping at the market for bread, flour, eggs and milk and maybe ice cream. I sure need some Tillamook Vanilla Bean. If I had any it would have been perfect for breakfast this morning.
UPS arrived at 1:45 yesterday and it is a good thing I got to the door before he just left my bookcase. I told him to bring it in and after he left I could barely drag it to another spot...heavy!
Once opened I just looked at all the pieces. I decided to spread them out and organize.

Once everything seemed to be ready it was on to the bags of hardware.
Really?! Do I need all these screws and no electric screw driver? So a Philips head screw driver and a hammer and I started to assemble. After a couple of hours I managed to droop the hammer once on my foot, and with a swollen hand I have a bookcase
The 2 doors for the bottom need to have the hardware attached and then mounted as well as the trim for the 2 adjustable shelves for the top half. My hand is quite sore today after all the assembly so it is a wait till later project. I still will need to move it into place in the kitchen area....I know I will be really happy by the end of the day but right now there is laundry to do and the vacuum is waiting for a tour of the house. Oh and the pond needs a bit of attention also. So my friends as much as I enjoy your visit, I must move on. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship. The big reveal tomorrow...I hope.
UPS arrived at 1:45 yesterday and it is a good thing I got to the door before he just left my bookcase. I told him to bring it in and after he left I could barely drag it to another spot...heavy!
Once opened I just looked at all the pieces. I decided to spread them out and organize.
Once everything seemed to be ready it was on to the bags of hardware.
Really?! Do I need all these screws and no electric screw driver? So a Philips head screw driver and a hammer and I started to assemble. After a couple of hours I managed to droop the hammer once on my foot, and with a swollen hand I have a bookcase
The 2 doors for the bottom need to have the hardware attached and then mounted as well as the trim for the 2 adjustable shelves for the top half. My hand is quite sore today after all the assembly so it is a wait till later project. I still will need to move it into place in the kitchen area....I know I will be really happy by the end of the day but right now there is laundry to do and the vacuum is waiting for a tour of the house. Oh and the pond needs a bit of attention also. So my friends as much as I enjoy your visit, I must move on. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship. The big reveal tomorrow...I hope.
7 comments:
wOw! I am impressed Gracie! I am sorry your hand is suffering so. I hope you have a great day my friend.
Great job on the bookcase! Enjoy your ice cream...
Congrats on assembling the bookcase! Looks beautiful! You do deserve ice cream!
love Annette
Fantastic work on your flatpack bookcase. It looks really good. I quite enjoy flatpack myself. I built a lovely desk for the computer all by myself.
Wow, you did it! Great job, Gracie. I hope your hand will feel better soon.
Well done on assembling the bookcase, it looks great.
Hope the hand is not so tender. x
That's a lovely bookshelf! I'm a bit behind with reading so I'm moving right on, hoping to see what you've done with it.
Post a Comment