Sunday, August 13, 2017

Slow down, you move too fast



You got to make the morning last......ah yes Simon and Garfunkel. This is not the day to over do. Very little sleep last night and a dull head this morning. First let me tell you that last night there was thunder~~~there was lightening~~~there was rain and wind. I hate nighttime storms and finally it all quieted down so off to sleep. At 5 AM it started all over again! Now the sun is out and it is hot and humid. I did go out to clean up the yard a little. Again there is not painting today. But I did manage to get the spotlight on the waterfall
and it looks nice. The light changes from red--blue--white--yellow and green. I will probably keep adjusting it until I like how it reflects. I have it on a separate remote control so it is off all day and on when I click it.
The weather takes a toll on everything out here. The blue umbrella will be meeting with the trash guys on Tuesday. The red and green will stay until I get to replace them; as soon as Monsoon season is over which is mid-end September. It is on the To Do List with several other things. Many items are already crossed off my lists but I am trying to slow down with some that are not on my immediate agenda.
I am pleased with the kitchen area
some minor changes to be made with the storage of items at the desk and the file cabinet.  I ordered a keyboard slide to attach under the desk.  I like it much better out of the corner. There is more natural light coming form the large window across the room as well as the slider right next to it. I also like the tea cups moved
 The bakers rack is just off center on the wall. This has opened this side of the kitchen area.
I should mention the Aquarium and the tenants. They are all fine....well, the 3 little silver and black fish that are schoolers who do not always school like they did at the pet shop, are now slightly orange in color.  The tank has not been too much work. I just changed the charcoal filter and I remember to move the moss ball around. The filter has a water wheel so it has a nice trickling sound.
I am a bit sad this morning as I dropped my favorite pen on the tile floor. Denny bought it for me many years ago, a Diplomat and it writes so nice and had a good feel to it. It will now not retract the refill. I guess it is not so bad as it sits on the desk in my antique pen and ink holder. A reminder that nothing lasts forever. I think it is time to take something for the headache which is now more that dull, and feed my hungry stomach. So nice to chat with you. Than you for the kind words and for you friendship. Tomorrow I will tell you about a friend, a card and an angel. Let's have a good day.

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your house is looking lovely with all the changes you've been making. But the song is right, you must take time to yourself too.
Love your Baker's Rack. Great way to display things.

Janice said...

Hi Gracie I'm loving the color of your walls and the spacious area of the room. The lighting is nice and seems cheery.
Im sorry your pen isn't working but as you said you can still keep it and display it. I know it's only things but I have a mug that I've considered putting aside that my daddyo gave me so it won't break but it IS just "stuff" so I use it and smile.
Love your teapots/teacups display. I have a few favorites of Joann's that I've kept. Those I don't use.
Well enjoy your projects and so nice to see everything flowing so well. I look forward to your daily blogs....love you.

Annette-California said...

Hi Gracie! Beautiful display of your lovely tea cups & teapots! Bakers rack - great idea for displaying. I've saved a few favorite pens tha no longer write. But that's okay because I still enjoy looking at them (I have hopes fixing them). No I want to go clean up my desk area, lol!!! Getting caught up on your posts. love Annette

Brigitte said...

Nice to read that you like how you moved the desk and the baker's rack around and how they look now.

Vicki said...

I didn't hear the storms last night but I did hear my cell phone constantly warning me of weather updates. I was just too tired to look at them! We're right with you on the umbrella loss. We lost three of them in the storm on 7/29 and ran to Lowe's to replace them before they're all gone. Now we're really careful to have them closed and tied up unless we're sitting under them. Your furniture moves look great! I especially like the Baker's rack location. The space looks open and airy. Enjoy today!

Alan said...

I like the way the "study" area came out, ca't wait to use it, at least I will not bang the tea cups anymore!

koi seo said...

The lighting is nice and seems cheery.
Im sorry your pen isn't working but as you said you can still keep it and display it. I know it's only things but I have a mug that I've considered putting aside that my daddyo gave me so it won't break but it IS just "stuff" so I use it and smile.

ดูหนัง

Leonore Winterer said...

Every day is a day to not OVER do it! You're so busy, please take care of yourself.