Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The babies have arrived

Our holiday weekend is over. The weather was superb. Alan and Lisa are back to work...Murphy, at the moment has moved from the bedroom to the sofa. I have been awake sine 2:30...no, not with back pain but a headache. Yesterday Alan took me to Dr. Paul and I got injections to the right backside. So far it is almost pain free as I did nothing in the afternoon so the meds could work. Today will also be an easy day. There is swishing happening at the moment but the machine does that.
As of yet I have not had coffee ☕! or my toast. So that is next. Oh, the babies! Actually they are lots and lots of Praying Mantis. Guess you would like to meet them....all of them so far...
No....I did not count try to count them, but there are lots of them moving about. They will remain in the container until Alan returns home at 3ish. They look to be about 3/4 inch. I will be sure to capture their release into the garden.
Well that is it for now. I really need coffee and toast. Glad you could visited today for the announcement. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship...and for following my new crazy household!

7 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Why do you release them into your garden Grace?

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love your babies. Where did you buy them. Hope your headache goes away soon. When the babies get bigger you should not have any bugs in your garden for along while. Hope there is enough bugs to feed all your little babies. Big hug to you, Alan and Lisa. love Lynda Ruth

Vickie said...

Whoa! Too many little creepy eyeballs staring at me for my liking!! Sorry. Whew! Glad you are far away right now! Wow! Hope you feel better my friend.

Cynthia said...

Finally catching up on blog reading. Can't wait to see the little babies released to the garden. I hope you are feeling better. Take good care and stay safe.

Julie said...

I was just wondering the same question Ann asked?

Vicki said...

I have GOT to go get the praying mantis kit. We bought Lady Bugs, but as usual, a lot of them were already dead. I scattered them in the container garden on my back patio. The kids enjoy trying to spot one when they water the plants. I need to get something for my roses. They have bugs and the petals are all chewed when the buds open up. Thanks for sharing your "crazy household" with us!

Pittoresque said...

I never thought Praying Mantisses could be cute, but they are!