Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Beulah says hello

Beulah is celebrating Dia de Mueros, Day of the dead , a Mexican/Central America holiday. Honoring the dearly departed. It follows Halloween and precedes All Saints Day or All Souls day in the Catholic religion.
House cleaned...bedroom back to normal. Seriously thinking of a monthly housekeeping service. Pond skimmed. Yard swept. The weather is beautiful and temps should be normal for this time of year which means in the 80s. You know I will be sitting outside and back to taking neighborhood walks in the morning.

I drew the Swaddled Baby face on the felt yesterday so I plan to embroider it this morning. I need to find an easier way to transfer the sketch to the felt. The fabric for the bodies are all washed and pressed and waiting to be cut later.  I have a shelf to hang in the kitchen. I will attempt this myself even if it is a long shelf. Remembering how Don taught me; drill hole, tape in molley, use the correct screw, oh right measure first and mark with level. I'll get it.
I am feeling a little dehydrated this morning so it will be cucumber and iced water for most of the day.
Robert, the gardener came to cut down the Honeysuckle Bush as I was loosing the White Fly battle.
So, we shall see how this regrows in the next few months. This bush is 10 years old. If not, then it will be removed. He also cut down the Yellow Bells
Same with this. If it does not come back then it will be replaced. this bush has been here for about 3 years. I miss the fullness these bushes gave the yard but a gal has to do what Robert thinks is best. It is obvious to me that when Denny was outside several times a day sometimes with a spray bottle he was taking care of business....I did not pay much attention. He kept ahead of any pest problems. I on the other hand never noticed until they were winning. Well I kicked them out. I did notice the aphids that moved into the tomato plant...I knew to watch for them so they are being sprayed daily.
Nice to chat with you today but I must get outside and enjoy the day and embroider a face. Thank you for caring and for the kind words. Most of all thank you for your friendship.

10 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

i like Belulah, did you have many for Halloween. I had two. Enjoy your day. hugs

Vickie said...

You got a lot accomplished. A monthly housekeeping service sounds fabulous. Have a great night!

Rose Marie said...

Beulah is scary. Enjoy the beautiful weather. I love this time of year here in NC.

butterfly said...

A very interesting post gracie .
Have a lovely day hugs .

Tiffstitch said...

Beulah looks very festive and sorry to hear about the pest issue. Hope cutting them down solves it and good luck with the aphids!

Julie said...

Hope your bushes regrow nice and healthy and pest free.

Vicki said...

Gracie, my mom lives in the same vicinity as you and she has a monthly cleaning service (actually I think she comes every three weeks or so), if you would like a recommendation I can get the name and pass it on to you. I know my mom is happy with them. Let me know... Enjoy today!

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: We came back fro Mexico last week, the Day Of The Dead is a big deal down there, they celebrate with parades and other events.
So happy to hear the weather is calming down in the temp department, but I beg you could you send some warm weather my way its only 34 degrees right now, brrrr.
I hope you get rid of them nasty bugs, I had a mite problem on one of my plants last year took it to the dead stage.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beulah is wonderful, very creepy!
It's amazing how much work is needed to keep the garden bug free. I am glad that you have some expert help.

Pittoresque said...

Beulah is fun...but also a little creepy!