Sunday, October 29, 2017

A new week, new month

Wonder what will be in this new week.....this new month? Still thinking about the fact that it will be November in a few days! So far there is still the matter of the irrigation leak. You are reading this correctly. It seems the sprinkler head that we thought was fixed is still leaking.. This time however, because I did not bury it from when Don worked on it. It is plain to see it is below ground....so....does that mean a broken pipe? Just when I think I have it all together.
I have been enjoying sitting outside in the mornings until the temp rises.
Many of you know Donna Bayliss from By The Bay Needleart. Well she has not been feeling well and had a hospital stay but it finally home. Her designs are always so calming and lovely...stop by and offer some cheer. Then there is Mimi Kirchner... a doll designer extraordinaire.
This is just one of her fantastic designs which I purchased from her Etsy shop. The one problem was that Etsy did not acknowledge that I did buy it so the link for the instant download did not arrive. Mimi was kind enough to check it for me and she sent the link....thank you Mimi. You must stop by to visit and see her designs.....she thinks out of the box!~ So, now that I have this pattern you know that I must make one or two or.....I think I know a little girl who might like one for Christmas.
Yesterday afternoon Keith came by to fix the email stuff and give me a lesson in files. He left with his bag of Pizzelles. I made them earlier in the morning and if I must say so they are delicious. When I make them I share with a few of my friends or I would devour them all. I would like to try to make some dinner rolls. The bread maker has the recipe for the dough then you just form and bake in the oven.
I have one laundry finished and another to put in to wash. My coffee is ready to enjoy. Thank you for chatting with me and for the kind words. Thank you for your friendship. Have a great day.

9 comments:

Julie said...

The swaddled baby dolls do look lovely, looking forward to seeing your version of them Gracie.
Have a good day x

Purple Pixie Dust said...

You reminded me that I need to make some dinner rolls too. great things these bread makers. love your new dolls. hugs

Kris said...

Every day you seem to step bravely forward. I admire that greatly. Many years ago, I would purchase small bundle baby's for I'll friends and frightened children...very calming. I must get this pattern. Question on your Pizzelles, I make mine in a pizzelle iron with a batter. I have never heard of bread pizzelle?

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

Those swaddled babies are going to be darling. I have not made dinner rolls with my bread machine in ages. They always get devoured. ;)

blue star stitcher said...

I love sitting out in the afternoons now that it has gotten cooler to stitch. The natural light is so much easier on my eyes. I have only purchased one or two patterns off of Etsy, but do love the variety of designs available there.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The little swaddled babies are adorable! Looking forward to seeing you making some of those.

Brigitte said...

These swaddled babies are so sweet, can't wait to see which one you make.
I love Donna's designs and have some in my stash. They are so much fun to stitch.

Pittoresque said...

Boo about the irrigation. I hope you get that figures out soon! Those baby dolls are adorable, though!