Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Room with a view

The weather has been so hot...the only place to be is indoors with the air conditioner keeping you cool. The forecast for today is 119 as well as for Wednesday and the rest of the week is to be in the high triple digits around 114. We need gloves to touch the steering wheel in the car! Luckily I have the automatic car starter so I can get the car cooled before driving anywhere.
If the days were cooler....
this quiet patio just outside Denny's room would be a lovely place to sit. Everything about this place is all about feeling homelike, and it does not look anything like a medical facility. Denny did not really get to see it as so but I appreciate it. Yesterday he had a fever and they monitored it with just a little success of bringing it down. I am told it is not uncommon for this to happen.....just something else. I continue to tat Angels, they will be finished here at home. The halos require some finessing and the Santa needs to have his felt backing glued on. So far the pond is working okay and yesterday I went to Lowes to get the algae treatment to add in. With this heat is sure to be a problem. Gee, I actually must have listened when Denny talked about the pond. I have not mentioned to him about the state of the plants...he did remind me those beginning days here to water them well and often.....I did try but this heat did not help at all. They will be replaced eventually. The Dove family is getting ready to leave the nest...at least the parents are trying to get them to leave but the 2 kids are not so ready. That about covers this update....thank you for the love and encouragement that you send to us....thank you for your friendship which truly is helping me get through this chapter in our lives. Time to turn on the aquarium light  wake the house tenant and feed him and brew some coffee...soon my day will really start.

11 comments:

Janice said...

I'm glad for the comfortable atmosphere there....a hospital can be so bland and cold....
With those temps...whew... must be so hard on cars etc....how do tires not melt!? Man....guess residents get acclimated to it to a certain extent.
Appreciate you taking the time to keep us all up to date...always on my mind and whispering prayers for a peaceful day.....love ♡

Vickie said...

I too hope today is a day filled with peace for you Gracie. Glad to know you are keeping your hands busy. You are so very right dear. Plants can be replaced. 💕

Vicki said...

Thinking of you and Denny...

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

I look forward to your blog every day. You are doing a great job carrying on with everything. Praying for you and Dennis.
Love your angels. Are they crocheted? 💞

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think about you every day Grace and continue to send good thoughts from Scotland.

Joanie said...

Every day, I think of you and how strong you are. And I pray for peace and comfort to you both. Always in my prayers.

Julie said...

I too think of you both each day and send much love. xx

barbara woods said...

still saying prayers

shirley flavell said...

Hugs Gracie.

butterfly said...


You are both in my prayers , and my mind each and every day .
Sending more hugs and love .
It's been very hot here this week to hot for me. take care sweet gracie.

Patty C. said...

Thinking about you .. hugs and prayers