Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A different anniversary date

In the past I have posted lovely comments (I thought they were) about my wedding anniversary.  Yesterday was the most different of all 47 years that my Prince and I have been together. It was spent in a medical facility for him to have several tests.....he is once again having great difficulty with swallowing and stomach issues. We spent the last week in prep for our anniversary date and it was not easy for him and at times for me. On the big day I had to wake him at 1 AM to start the last of the prep and continue to keep him awake until 5 am then back up to get ready for an 8:45 check in. I did not dare to sleep at all because, well, he tends to forget now and again and sure enough at 6 am he was getting something to drink. Not on my watch! Not after all the reminders to drink this, drink that, take this for 5 days...I sent him back to bed and really stood guard over the kitchen doorway. So we arrived at a medical building instead of the beautiful church as we did so long ago and after half an hour in he goes and then all of a sudden the receptionist announces that they were having a computer glitch and things will fall behind, a bit...finally after another half hour the connections were fixed and thing moved along. At 12:15 were left for home and Denny off to sleep. Me? I was so tired but could I fall asleep, of course not, well finally I fell asleep around 10 pm. I woke at 2:30 this morning starving as I hardly ate anything yesterday. This man; Mr Horton, Mr H, Dennis or as I call him Denny, is my everything. I am keeping positive thoughts of good test results ( although there may be a minor issue to deal with). We took our vows on April 25, 1970 and told each other...in sickness and in health and so it will be. Today we continue our journey together. Did I mention on the drive home he stated, "well all that and it only took 10 minutes"....we must have been in a different facility! I truly love this man. Sorry nothing crafty to talk about today although I did work on my Victorian Thread Bag and will finish it today. I may try some smocking later....or something else. Thank you for stopping by and for your most caring kind words and valued friendship. Have a great day and I hope to show you a new project that I will be learning real soon...as soon as it arrives.
Count down ...The Brother Alan arrives in 14 days. "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it" .....

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Here I was all emotional and now you got me singing the Pointer Sisters?! Gracie!!! Happy Anniversary you two! God bless you both and keep you. I am still praying. Please let me know what the results are.♥ Oh! And made sure Dennis eats something really yummy today!

Joanie said...

Happy anniversary. God bless you both and I will continue to pray for both of you. It's so refreshing to hear that you are in it "in sickness and in health". I feel the same way, married in 1979 to the same guy...we've stuck together through all of it. Sadly, today there's not that much sticking together when it gets hard.

Have a good day!

Vicki said...

Happy Anniversary! Praying for a positive outcome from Mr H's tests and that the results will arrive swiftly. Take it easy today...

butterfly said...


Happy Anniversary friends .
Praying all the tests are positive , stay strong sweet friend .
Catch up on your sleeps and you will feel much better , hugs and XXXs

Tiffstitch said...

Hope all goes well and good for you being so vigilant!

diamondc said...

Oh my Dear Gracie and Denny: I say prayers three times a day, you both will be included, Denny for whatever is going on and you for strength.
I am sure you are beat, sometimes it is harder being the care giver then to be sick.
I look forward to hearing good news on Denny's health.
Happy Anniversary to you both.

Blessings
Catherine

Annette-California said...

Happy Anniversary Gracie! Praying the doctors will heal Mr. H soon.
love Annette

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy anniversary.....
Hope all the test go ok.....

CalamityJr said...

Happy anniversary, Gracie and Mr H. I'll be praying for good test results. A day together is a day well spent, whether as planned or not.

Lesley said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.I sincerely hope Mr H's results are good results.

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, sending positive thoughts for a good result.

cucki said...

Happy anniversary to you both my dear
Sending you love and positive thoughts x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, that was certainly an unusual way to spend the day. I do hope everything works out for Mr H and that next year's anniversary involves some nice food, a glass of wine and a good night's sleep too!

Leonore Winterer said...

It might have been an unusual day to spend it, but still, happy anniversary! I hope you'll have some healthier days (and years) coming up once they find out what's wrong and you can get it fixed :)

Astrids dragon said...

Sorry that the circumstances weren't the best, but at least you were together on your anniversary. Sending prayers for your Denny.