Friday, March 17, 2017

Dum and Dee

That is Tweedledum and Tweedledee  have join the party with Alice
They are so cute.....trying to get a bit of stitching in each morning. So far so good with my eyes being cooperative. Now on to some black stitching in the Quaker design just above them to the left and to the right. I have a doctor appointment this morning for my knee. I may have fluid again, not sure so best to get it checked. Hopefully then to Jo Ann's for some needed supplies. I finished
the 3rd Oval Broach yesterday except for the embellishments. I am hoping that my new book of 3D flowers will arrive today. I really love these motifs. They ae so lacey and delicate looking. We had a hot day yesterday and not being to smart, I did a bit of yard stuff and did not follow my own rule of making sure to drink plenty of water so I was totally wiped out. I must say though, I did get it swept and the cover on the gazeebo.  Have some Marigolds to plant today and a tomato to pick.

The Penstemon are in bloom all over the place. They self seed and pop up here and there. Lacy and lovely and the Hummingbirds love them. Dennis has accepted that the Doves will be living here again.  I do hope they ae not going to try to populate all of Arizona here in our yard though.  I received an email from my neighbor Robyn...lives across the courtyard from me and she told me that the other night at around 10:30 PM her hubby David opened their door and saw 3...yes 3 coyotes in front of my home. Silly gal hadn't seen any for a while so she thought they moved on! Right in front of their front porch is a large Prickly Pear Cactus that houses a bunny village beneath it.......that is why the coyotes visit our courtyard so frequently.  Nature all around us here in the desert climate. So happy to have time to visit with you. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a good day.....come back soon.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Dum and Dee are adorable! Makes me glad I am not shaped like that! tee hee! Those flowers are pretty. Oh dear! Hope the bunnies stay safe and run fast!!

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress with dum and Dee.

Brigitte said...

Your Alice piece is growing steadily. and a visit at Jo-Ann's for supplies is always in order. I wish we had such a store somewhere here.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The little tubby boys! So cute. Unlike coyotes in the garden. It is a good thing you don't have a cat.

Julie said...

Dee and Dum look cute, loving the new brooch.

Leonore Winterer said...

Alice looks great! I don't think I've seen her yet since I started following you.