Thursday, December 15, 2016

Advent Blog Hop

Once again, Jo has organized The Advent Blog Hop. Always fun an today is my day. My stitching to share is
Dear Santa from The Primitive Hare. I love this post card. I asked Mr H to cut me a piece of uneven wood to mount it and then I found a snowflake to add and voila. I keep this hanging all year so Santa will always know that I try to behave. The topic for us is: Decorations - do you have a favorite decoration you must have on display every year -
oh yes indeed......this is a story card that my parents gave to me in 1967. The Night Before Christmas poem. It hung on our tree and then when I married and Mr H and I put up our first tree, and ever since it has hung on my tree. Each year it reminds me of many wonderful Christmas Eve celebrations with my family. I know, you are thinking; 1967?! She was not a child then! No, I was 19 years old. Who doesn't like to recite this tale? Be sure to stop at Jo's and see all the other Advent posts. So much to do today. This morning is a weekly stitching group and then this afternoon is the groups Christmas party. Yesterday all my packages were mailed and will arrive in time for Christmas.  The aroma filling the air  tells me it is time for my coffee and then to gather up my things for this mornings outing. Thank you for the kind words and friendship and for taking the time to visit with me. Have a good day.

15 comments:

Julie said...

Your stitched Christmas postcard piece is adorable and such a lovely tale about your special Christmas decoration you have shared with us.
Have lots of festive fun with your friends today. X

Shelly said...

Love the postcard and that you leave it up all year long! The storyboard is a real treasure. It's good to have traditions. Hope your day is a good one, Gracie!

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finish and great story behind the ornament too!

Vickie said...

You and Dennis did a great job on that finish! I love your poem card from your parents. What a treasure.♥

Christine said...

The stitched postcard is beautiful and I love the way you've finished it. I enjoyed reading about your special decoration too

butterfly said...

Love the stitch post card .
Love the story too.
Have a lovely run up to Christmas hugs.

Bea said...

Love your postcard and how great that you leave it up all year. Thanks for sharing the story behind your story card.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
Love your postcard to Santa and the finish too.
Your heirloom is lovely. Each Christmas Eve I read the traditional version to my son and also all the various updated ones, from Carol Ann Duffy to a Pirate version!

Melinda Forbes said...

Thank you for sharing our Christmas memories with us. Love your Primitive Hare Post Card - I have to put this on my todo list for 2017 - It is so wonderful you hang it all year long.

Elfie said...

Your postcard is so sweet - I think leaving it up all year is a great idea. I enjoyed reading your Christmas story, thank you. Merry Christmas!

Brigitte said...

This postcard to Santa is such a great design, and you finished it perfectly. No wonder that you leave it out all year long. Great story behind the story card given to you by your parents.
Great blog hop post.

Kaisievic said...

Your postcard to Santa is so sweet and I love your heritage decoration - how wonderful to have this on your tree each year.

Ariadne said...

I love the stitched card!AriadnefromGreece!

Suzanne Harkinson said...

I love the postcard to Santa and you are never to old for the "Night Before Christmas"!

Astrids dragon said...

Perfect postcard and love the way you finished it. Such a sweet story card. We read The Night Before Christmas every year, but our book is too big for the tree!