Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Stitching away

Finally finished with the applique part of the Hawaiian block....
next step is to do the shadow quilting around the flowers. Excuse that it is not pressed but I just added the last of my stitches. I have decided that this will be a table topper. Well, to be honest, I think I have decided!And while this was being worked on
I have started the embroidery on the blades of the Dresden wreath. I know it can be difficult to see the stitches..... but I am doing the Chevron stitch and really like how it looks. Simple and not to distracting. The Sulky thread catches just enough light to be glitzy.  I am so enjoying sewing again. I felt I needed a break form cross stitch, not entirely, but just a change right now.  I have a few new fabrics to make a couple more of the Prairie Point ornaments too. Today after Mr H's doctor appointment we plan to drive over to Carefree to The Enchanted Pumpkin Garden. It was great last year and from the looks of the postings it will be great again. I will be sure to post pictures.  Amazing carving and displays. Can you believe it is almost Halloween? We do not get trick or treat kids here in our community. This is the first year Mr H did not put out a pumpkin patch out front. Right now I need a cup of coffee and scrambled eggs. Wish you could share them with me, but still happy you visited today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks like you are having some fun with your sewing always good to have a change enjoy.

Vickie said...

Two very different projects you have there Gracie. They are both so pretty!

Bea said...

I think a mix of crafts is a good thing and you are producing such beautiful items.

Brigitte said...

Your Hawaiian block looks gorgeous. And nice stitching on the Dresden Plate. Why not alternate between different kinds of crafts ....

Julie said...

The Dresden looks lovely with the sparkly thread you are using to hand sew it.