Friday, October 21, 2016

It was a sew sew day

I did not plan to be so productive, but then again I do not make plans.
Sew pleased with my pillow finish. It is just how I envisioned it. It measures 16 inches square. I think I love the Dresden plate pattern! I really enjoy hand stitching...
The center button is blanket stitched and the other edge also. The petals are done with the Cretan stitch. The flat beads I hope indicate the seeds of the Sunflower. I usually really stuff my pillows, but this I wanted to keep a little softer, squishy.

On the back I used the reverse side of a bright green and I love how it looks. You can see the scrap of the fabric front draped on the coroner. I already cut out more Dresden blades....hope to show you that soon. I then sat and decided to make an ornament for my tree.
I had these two old buttons in my button jar and they look just right. Well, after finishing this one I had to make a couple more...

so, the two at the bottom will be going to two special homes....not yet of course, but soon. My enjoyment is making and giving, never selling. I would love to make a children's print ornament so I will be on the lookout for special prints.
Somehow the weather fairies have not caught on yet that it is Autumn....yesterday the temp was around 90 and today it may be around 92.  Sitting outside once 8am rolls around it out of the question. Guess that means more time to sit at the sewing table, although not today as we have a doctor appointment this am and a party this afternoon. The time in between may be a trip to JoAnn's for supplies. It  has been so nice to chat with you, thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Very nicely done. love your sewing. I'll take the heat if you don't want it. hugs

butterfly said...


Oh my gracie what a lovely pillow, , and love the cart wheels ornaments just beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy. The cushion is lovely and those pinwheel ornies are just great for Christmas.

Vickie said...

Oh that pillow! So very pretty! Excellent, excellent job on it Gracie!
What great ornaments! I have never seen such ornaments. Love them!

Mouse said...

ohhhh myyyy.... drool fest of yumminess ... love those wee ornaments and the pillow is gorgeous :)
the weather here is misty some mornings , cold and bright the rest brrrr .... love mouse xxxx

Bea said...

The pillow has turned out beautifully and those pinwheel ornaments are SO cute.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Those ornaments are so clever Grace, I love them.

Julie said...

Graacie, I love those ornaments, can I ask do you have a link you can share how to make them. They would make stunning gifts for my craft group ladies.
Love the Dresden cushion too.

Cindy's Stitching said...

gracie these are just gorgeous.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do love dresdans......