Saturday, August 6, 2016

One errand leads to another

My tablet was not working properly and it is only 3 years old. Off to Best Buy and the Geek Gal did not know what was wrong because at that moment it worked okay...of course. Mr H thought I should just get a new one --- who am I  to say no.


Of course I needed a new cover so off to Staples  because I like their covers better. Meet Samsung Tab E, or SamE. Now to learn the working of this one. So far the only thing I can not do is transfer my email addresses from the old one which means I will be putting them in manually as I go along.
 Across the parking lot from Staples is Pier 1. So--- into Pier 1 we go and came out with several items..... first is this beautiful glass pumpkin to add to my 2 others...

The new one is the green with gold highlights. It all started with the purple and gold.....then because there are those plain ones...
just had to have this twisted paper pumpkin. It just speaks Autumn and will look great on the mantel if and when this weather ever cools down. So far there is no rain in the near forecast and the sun is bright and the temps are moderate today. Only at 91 so far and expected temps of 102 for later. Before leaving the store Mr H spotted a dragonfly...we love dragonflies...
love it! At the moment is hanging in the main bathroom. There is a skylight and it will catch bright light all day. Not sure if it will remain here, but for now.
Not to be left out of new items, Mr H headed over to Home Depot for a new wet vac.


After all, the last one was 9 years old and got lots of use cleaning the pond and the garage. So, that was the adventures yesterday. There will be no punching today as my hand is swollen again. I am on the back-round of the sunflower and that will be hopefully finished in the next couple of days. I guess all the shopping did my hand in! but I sure enjoyed it. That is just about all. Thank you for visiting and thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

8 comments:

C Reeder PhxAz said...

If you have an iCloud address you can back all of that up from the old one and then it downloads to the new one. I went to my cell phone store and they showed me how. We're very nice about it and it saved me so much time. Just a thought to share.

Vickie said...

Lots of nice, new things you two got there. I hope your hand settles down overnight for you.

Marilyn said...

Looks like you had a successful day shopping.
Love the Pumpkins.
Hope your hand feels better soon.
Marilyn

barbara woods said...

i broke mine into many little pieces so i ordered another, mine is a kindle

Karyn said...

What a wonderful day, Gracie, and very much due for both you and Mr. H...a retail therapy day spent together is just what's ordered sometimes.
I'm so glad that you listened to the man and got yourself a new tablet...enjoy it as it is a real beauty...I find so much that I can do on mine. Check out the "X-Stitch" App which works for both IPad and Android, I use it and love it!
Your pumpkins are gorgeous, both glass and paper...it makes me think fall is possible even with all of our Western heat, LOL...keep wishing. :-)
Take care and rest today so your hand swelling goes down...the heat doesn't help...but you know that and don't need me to tell you <3
Oh and tell Mr. H I got the same shop vac for the kiddos when they bought their house, and that thing is a work horse...and now they can't live without it, which of course those of us who have circled the sun more than a few times know that a good shop vac in your home is as important as...well anything important!
Hugs kiddo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the glass pumpkins and the paper one too. They will make a lovely autumnal display.
Hope you enjoy the new tablet. When you add my email, please use the gmail attached to this profile and not the old AOL one. Thank you!

Bea said...

Sounds like a fun day and you came home with some useful and, even better, some cute things. Love the pumpkins.

butterfly said...

Love the pumpkins and all your other goodies.