Friday, August 5, 2016

Can it be ~~~~more rain ?

Until recently it was as though the Monsoon season would pass us by here in my area of The Valley. Fast forward or in this case looking back to earlier this week and yes, the rain has finally fallen in my backyard.
Of course yesterday Mr H went out to watch for lightening which never happened. He just loves these storms.
A roll of thunder around 10 minutes to 5 this morning and the rain is falling again....pours then stops and then starts again. No matter, we welcome it. Many areas have had some flooding, but we do not in our neighborhood. With this rain however, is the muggy air that hangs over us now. On Wednesday Mr H and I went to the mall so I could find a new bathing suit....
It is a two piece that hides the fact that I need to lose some pounds....I really like it. When we were ready to leave the mall a downpour began. Not to have to drive at the moment we stayed and stopped at the Starbucks kiosk for a cup of Mocha. If we do not have to drive/go out into the rain then we don't. Driving here when it rains is crazy.
I have been working on my sunflower needle punch and only have the back round to complete. I think I am going to try to sketch out a snowman for an ornament to punch. Finally got around to looking through my fabric bins...of course I do not have the right piece to finish my sewing basket project. How does that happen? lots of fabric, but not what I need. My tablet has decided not to work...well, work properly so I need to go to Best Buy and have them check it.... might be time for a new one.  That is what is happening around here.  I am ready to have some breakfast and then more on my sunflower. Always a pleasure to have you visit. Thank you for your wonderful friendship and kind words. Have a great day my friends. I will leave you with the weather for this morning
Just rolling off the roof....

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad the rains have arrived.....

Shelly said...

That's a nice bathing suit. Glad it has rained for you down there. We've had rain everyday for the last week and now have mushrooms growing in the yard! I'm going to have to give punch needle a try. You are making it look like fun!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

We are still waiting for some rain here. None for a few weeks, always in the 30's, just love your new bathing suit. Love watching the rain like your husband dose. Glad your having a good day. hugs