Friday, July 22, 2016

Too hot to be this busy~~~~

Our Arizona summer seems to be hotter than usual but I suppose it is that I am getting old more mature. Last evening at 7:30 is was still 107 and due to the monsoon (that really has not been here) it was a bit muggy. The weather gal told me that today will be around 114 later today.  Definitely an indoor day. Since I have been up since 3 am, I decided not to waste the day...
finishing was on my mind until I ran out of ambition. First is the fish
mounted as "'my catch" I rather like her. I found a cute fishing rod at Hobby Lobby and Mr H drilled me a couple of holes for the raw hide and voila....a bit different than the fish my dad used to catch. Then it was on to the hummingbird..
I bought an unfinished wood frame and Mr H gave it a smear of pale yellow, however, the opening was not right. So Mr H thought we should find a frame to add and this one is perfect...an off color that is distressed and it fits great. Finally I finished the "sewing needle punch piece and decided to mount it on a picnic basket that I have had for over 30 years....just sitting on a shelf...
the fabric behind it will be the lining.
The basket is very well made and is one of my most favorite things. It was from a favorite place to shop and eat in Wickford, Rhode Island from very long ago.
I am deciding just how I want the lining and besides, I ran out of ambition to continue. So, you can see that I truly was busy. Now you know I have been complaining explaining our weather to you, well....I bet you did not bring into the house a complete garden hanger so the heat would not bother the plants!?
yes, Mr H did....from the front porch area to the kitchen. Luckily we have a large kitchen so having to move around it is not too bad. Pothos and Fern...truth be told I do not think they really were unhappy outside. Now, enough from me. Glad we had time to visit but I must have something to eat. Thank you for your wonderful friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your finishing, I love the creativity of the fish finish!
I hope the plants are happy indoors. I know some people treat their pets as children but Mr H seems to treat his plants like pets!

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie, you came up with truly creative finishes. Wonderful work my friend!

Shelly said...

The "fish finish" has to be the best finish ever! Love it! The finishing bug had its way with you. Such a good hubby you have there who takes an interest in your hobbies. Last night we had a humdinger of a thunderstorm. Noisy with a good amount of rain. The Monsoon has been kind of wimpy, don't you think? Have a nice day, Gracie.

Ele said...

Ouch! Sounds really hot out there... ☀️☀️☀️
Hope you both (and your lovely plants!) are enjoying a cool indoor weekend

Bea said...

Great finishes, all very creative. I do not envy you the heat at all - stay as cool as you can.