Saturday, June 4, 2016

Changing the design....

I thought I had finished the punching for the fish...
well, according to the design I had. The more I looked at it, I thought it needed a background. So, I played around with some colors and then marked out the border and this is what I did...
Now I like it. Just the right blue to pop the fish and of course make it easier to finish it as it has a complete border. I am thinking of a box top..... at least this morning I am. I also decided to purchase a different needle so I bought Artiste which is a Hobby Lobby brand...very comfortable to work with. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the Boye needle set, just wanted something else. Mr H and I are back to the count down for his surgery.... new date is June 17th. There will be a few things to organize...again and a couple of things to put on hold....again. The "go with me" stitching bag has to be re-packed. In a way it may have worked out better with the cancellation. We are currently in a Heat Advisory here in  The Valley of the Sun Arizona. The temps are in the mid to high triple digits. The over night lows are around 80. It may have been a little uncomfortable with limited mobility and all. This is early for these temps...should be in the 90's. I already did the garden watering and checked the pond level so I hope to remain indoors with my iced water and stitching today. The heat is affecting some of the plants and as many are in pots, they will require watering twice daily. For now, Mr H has afternoon duty. I am glad you have stopped by to chat today....thank you so much for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty Gracie. I love the colors.

Shelly said...

Your punchnedle looks great. Take care in that heat!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the border you have added to your fish.

We actually had a warm day here today!

Vickie said...

Yes, the border looks great! Oh man! I couldn't even imagine that kind of heat now with these horrid headaches of mine. The heat is wrecking my life. I must hide out indoors. And I am talking about the upper 70's makes the headache soar in pain.

butterfly said...


Love the border great work gracie.
Sounds very hot there .
Have a lovely weekend hugs .

KimM said...

The border was a great addition. Well done, Gracie!
xxx

Bea said...

The border is an excellent addition. The fish looks fully complete now.

Julie said...

Your border finishes the design beautifully.
We've had a summery day today, very welcome it was too.

Minnie said...

Love the border on the fish. Please stay safe in that heat.

Tiffstitch said...

Great choice on the border and fingers crossed you get everything organized well in time for Mr. H's surgery.